Happy 2017 - Greetings + New projects incoming

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
Hurricane Air Arms
Private 4
Private 4
New Zealand

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:30 am

So it's been a while (who hasn't said that before?) :bounce:

Since taking up a full time job and saving for a house it's been reasonably tough to do anything regarding air guns, but the desire remains, and my focus has shifted from PCP to mostly Spring/Piston and a new concept that I hope will be well received by the site.

I also took the time (like most of us devouts) to read up on the news regarding social media and the current generation of spudders. I'd personally like to think we live in a day and age where creativity is at it's highest and that we'll get attention here atleast for decades to come.

In the mean time, I'm working on three new concepts, (four if you include crossbows), and to my knowledge none of them have been attempted or explored and I believe they could serve to better the airgun community in general! I hope so anyway.

No pictures to tease, but expect atleast one fully automatic airgun from me in the coming 1-2 months!

Hope you are all well and keeping at it, bless.

Hurricane Small Air Arms
The Lord said "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?"

And I said

"Here am I...

...Send me"
farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 pm

gotta love projects, I'm working on 1 and have 3 more in the planning stage and collecting parts for them as well :shock:
Hurricane Air Arms
Private 4
Private 4
New Zealand

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:28 pm

Haha great news! What do you do? How do you find the time? And get motivated? I finally finished a rough draft I was content enough with and used my long weekend to go and buy atleast the main body. Glad PVC is so cheap.

And I said

"Here am I...

...Send me"
farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:33 am

I work in the maintenance department of a mussel plant, I am a qualified Industrial Electrician and Agricultural Mechanic, there is a graveyard of machinery out back which I pick over for supplies, also my boss doesn't mind if a few extra pneumatic parts get ordered now and again. :o If the plant runs late some days I get to play in the workshop as long as everything is running OK.
Hurricane Air Arms
Private 4
Private 4
New Zealand

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:22 pm

Ah nice, always good to be in and around material you need. I work in aluminium framing, and get access to tubing and a variety of light weight pieces.

And I said

"Here am I...

...Send me"
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:39 am

farcticox1 wrote:I work in the maintenance department of a mussel plant
Oh god, the smell. Imagine employing a blind lesbian.

PEI?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:18 pm

No smell normally unless they get a bad mussel, and there is a 'couple' of librarians that work there.

PEI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Edward_Island
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:22 pm

farcticox1 wrote:librarians
:D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life