Spring Powered Mechanical Airsoft Shotgun, Triple Barrel

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
jacoblesann
Private 2
Private 2

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:37 am

This is my most recent project, a triple barrel over/under airsoft shotgun. I am not a fan of air power (still getting into it) and this gun was designed to use 40 pound compression springs instead. The design is ''shell'' loaded, with each shell being loaded pre-game. The shells are based on the old spring powered ballistic knife designs, and use an aluminum and steel shuttle that twists into two grooves to lock. Using a ramrod, the spring is compressed then locked in place, and then a paper wad full of bbs is muzzle-loaded into the shell. The shell is then placed into the ''gun'' (really just a glorified shell holder) and then it is shot by using your off-hand to flick down the shuttle, pulling out of the groove and releasing the spring. The whole thing is assembled from various bolts, Conduit PVC, and Plexiglas.

The design obviously took alot of thinking to produce, and what it lacks in speed and power it makes up for in spread and simplicity. What is also great is the fact that any sort of shell can work, as long as it is made from the correct size of pipe. One could even make a spring piston shell, or some sort of slingshot shell. It's a versatile system.

Hope you guys like this gun, I put alot of thought into making it, and I'm very happy with the end result.

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by jrrdw on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedded video.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:30 am

jacoblesann wrote:I am not a fan of air power
boooooooo!!!!

Nice work regardless, using springs certainly avoids a lot of problems associated with generating, storing and releasing gas pressure.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life