Fridge compressor dead?

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
Herwer
Private 2
Private 2

Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:18 am

Hi , i bought fridge compressor , i really need your guys help beacuse it wasn't nearly cheap.I wanted to wire him but it dont work. first time when I tried it just start buzzing and compressor can't start. All tubes was crimped do i need now to cut them? I started to looking in internet how to check if compressor is dead and i found (on Poland Spud channel?) this
the test give me something like 17 , 22 and 40 so its good i think. On compressor i have capacitor. I tried something like this and it just make sparks but compressor wasn't starting. Why compressor don't want to start guys?
Attachments
2.jpg
Crimped tubeds
Crimped tubeds
Electronics
Electronics
Compressor number
Compressor number
Some schemats on box
Some schemats on box
cables and electronics
cables and electronics
9.jpg
Another electronics
Another electronics
11.jpg
Capacitor
Capacitor
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
Pins
Pins
Crimped
Crimped
Trying to start
Trying to start
Trying to start compressor
Trying to start compressor
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:32 am

Have a read through this thread and make sure it's properly connected: http://www.spudfiles.com/materials-ammo/topic20479.html
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Herwer
Private 2
Private 2

Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:25 pm

Yeah I was searching answer in that post but my electrical knowledge is poor. I found this symbols on my box. Crowley have inbuilt capacitor but my compressor has it outside so i need to know where i need to hook up him.
Attachments
bgc.jpg
Blue blown and yellow green is wires from white cable (plug). Another blue and brown (capacitor) Where to hook up?
Blue blown and yellow green is wires from white cable (plug). Another blue and brown (capacitor) Where to hook up?
Capacitor with brown and blue wires
Capacitor with brown and blue wires
bbgg.jpg
Two cables , blue and black i have no idea where to put them and for what they are..
Two cables , blue and black i have no idea where to put them and for what they are..
gb.jpg
ToasT
Private 4
Private 4

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:59 am

Stay safe friend.
Mains voltage isnt something to play around with, or trial and error and i just want to let you there are potentially serious dangers here, its the second video in your first post that has me concerned. However you are doing the right thing by researching and asking others and have supplied a good amount of information to help us help you.

I have no electrical qualification so i can only advise you to wait until you find someone who truely knows what they are talking about before you try too much more.

i will say though:
1 stay safe around exposed electrically live metals, and dont trust the screwdriver handle will always protect you, it probably wasnt designed for electrical work.
2 the body of the compressor should be earthed for safety (the silver screw in the first image of your second post looks like a spot) this reduces the risk of electricity flowing through you if something is wrong.
3 read up about capacitor run induction motors (the motor buzzing is due it lacking a phase shifted pole, created by the run capacitor, this is what makes it start turning(the second video with the screw driver is a crude and dangerous attempt to create a bit of this effect). Also the buzzing comes from electrical energy being poured into the motor windings, with no output work being done this can heat up and burn out the motor meaning low torque and low output pressure)
4 check internet for a manual for the compressor. it might have wiring diagram
5 tube in 2nd image first post is the original refrigerant fill port. dont need to cut this.

good luck
Herwer
Private 2
Private 2

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:24 am

I found this: http://mail4.ansal.com.ar/Documentacion/pdfs/576067.pdf there is diagram but i dont really know how to use it
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:24 am

Seems to me that if you connect it as intended and just bypass the PTC it should work, but I'm far from being knowledgeable when it comes to electricity.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life