Convert springer to fullauto?

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
BBMaster
Private
Private
United States of America

Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:37 pm

So i had this idea for a while to try and convert my spring Thompson to a fullauto AEG by dissassembling the model and replacing the spring piston with an AEg Gearbox like this

I also plan on taking off and replacing the plastic grip and stock and make a wooden grip and stock and hollow the grip and stock out a bit to make room for the battery. and I also hope to make the barrel longer to match the width of the actual thompson.

So I need you guy's opinion, is this possible and will the Gearbox I showed be able to fit into the spring thompson I have or would i have to modify the shell a little bit? Also would the magazine that came with the gun be able to handle the blowback of the gearbox?

Heres a pic of what the spring thompson I owned since middle school looks like https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rNcAAOSw ... s-l640.jpg
jacobhuesdd
Recruit
Recruit
Australia

Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:46 am

Converting a springer airsoft gun to fullauto is a popular modification that can be done relatively easily. There are a few different ways to do it, but the most common is to use a motor and gearbox from another gun. This will give you the necessary parts to make your gun fullauto.

The first step is to remove the old trigger assembly and replace it with the new one. You will also need to replace the hop-up unit with a fullauto one. These parts can be found at most airsoft stores or online retailers.

Once you have the new parts, you will need to install them in the gun. This can be done by following the instructions that come with the kit, or by watching one of the many videos available online. After everything is installed, you should test your gun to make sure it is working properly.
Dem0li-from-YTB
Private
Private
United States of America

Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:39 pm

jacobhuesdd wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:46 am
Converting a springer airsoft gun to fullauto is a popular modification that can be done relatively easily. There are a few different ways to do it, but the most common is to use a motor and gearbox from another gun. This will give you the necessary parts to make your gun fullauto.

The first step is to remove the old trigger assembly and replace it with the new one. You will also need to replace the hop-up unit with a fullauto one. These parts can be found at most airsoft stores or online retailers.

Once you have the new parts, you will need to install them in the gun. This can be done by following the instructions that come with the kit, or by watching one of the many videos available online. After everything is installed, you should test your gun to make sure it is working properly.
Ah i see, so just replace the spring piston hop up with an AEG one and replace the trigger with the one from the AEG engine I shown in the example? Sounds simple enough ; ) Also would i need to buy a different magazine if I'm replacing the hopup unit or would it still accept the one that came with the spring thompson I own? Also I heard that there's a drum mag built for Aeg Thompsons, which hop up unit would work best for one?

BTW I'm the same person (BBMaster ), I had some issues with my old account a few years ago so I had to make a new one.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:42 pm

BBMaster wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:37 pm
So I need you guy's opinion, is this possible and will the Gearbox I showed be able to fit into the spring thompson I have or would i have to modify the shell a little bit? Also would the magazine that came with the gun be able to handle the blowback of the gearbox?
I doubt that gearbox will fit, even if the Thompson you have is full size. I think you'll have more luck with something more compact made for AEPs like the MP7:

You won't get much power but at the end of the day if that's the point you're better off just buying a "proper" Thompson AEG.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life