Commercial options for semi auto bb gun with on gun bb storage

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
mobile chernobyl
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
United States of America

Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:02 pm

Recently I've been looking for a good camping option for cheap plinking. My goal is to find something that can store hundreds of BBs and the user can reload an on board loader to hold ~20 BBs at a time to be able to fire in quick succession (repeater with bolt style) or even pure semi auto with an autoloader mechanism.

What I'm envisioning is a co2 powered semi auto bb rifle equivalent of the venerable Crosman Pumpmaster 760.

Crosman made a co2 version of this gun called the 782 Black Diamond, from appx 1990 to early 2000s, but they are near impossible to find anymore.

I'm wondering if any of the airgun wizards such as Jack may know of something commercially made still or if I should just retrofit a pumpmaster 760 for onboard air.

Hope everyone is doing well and thanks!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:39 am

How about the Steel Strike, more of a modern tactical look than the 760 but features a 30 round magazine with 900 round storage on a semi/burst capable platform.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
mobile chernobyl
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
United States of America

Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:38 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:39 am
How about the Steel Strike, more of a modern tactical look than the 760 but features a 30 round magazine with 900 round storage on a semi/burst capable platform.
Damn that thing is cool! I knew I would find some good recommendations from this group. As much as I'd like to make something - it's nice to just pull it out of the truck at the camp fire and plink. Currently I have a 17rnd detachable magazine double action bb pistol, but I've been looking for a more rifle / SBR style and this might just be the perfect tool!

Thank you!

EDIT:

Wow I must have been hiding under a rock for the last 20 years thinking the Pumpmaster 760 was a model of excellence for bb repeaters with large onboard storage reservoirs. The Crosman ST1 sets a pretty impressive precedent in this realm. I'll keep doing my research but I'd like to get something well built for less than $400 with 200+ onboard storage, rapid reloading and semi auto (burst/auto is just a novelty but fun to have).