Page 4 of 4
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:42 pm
First unscrew the "pink thing on the back of the valve head", then unscrew the pump head from the valve.
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:57 pm
Edited my last post, lmao I feel stupid.
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:17 am
Those pumps are meant to fill small volumes to an exact pressure so the gauge should be pretty reliable. In my experiments I was confident of both fuel and air metering, so I figured the problem was with ignition.
Are you sure your spark gap isn't too big? If it can ignite a 1x mix, then I'm guessing it's a little wide.
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 am
Bah, I don't know what's wrong, I'm positive of my fueling, my sparkgap is about 1mm long and it's only igniting a 2x mix... I'll keep trying later in the morning
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:58 am
if it's igniting at 2x and not at 3x, I'm guessing it's the ignition that's the problem.
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:39 am
It hasn't ignited at a 2x yet, but I can get a 1x to easily ignite... I don't know what's wrong, I'm sure the ignition isn't the problem, its a large piezo capable of atleast a 5x mix.
Once I get home, I'll use my tazer and that will for sure tell me if it's ignition, which I doubt it is. I'll try a few more times in a while.
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:01 am
hmm... small hybrids seem to be running into the same issues.
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:11 am
I'm actually gonna try daccel's way to fuel a hybrid and see how well it does, I think I have a torch lighter that uses a venturi to mix the air and fuel to create the "torch" flame.
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:28 pm
I think you may still not be depressing the pin. The 1x would work, because you weren't actually pumping any air in. Though the gauge on the pump goes up, you are really just compressing the air in the hose of the pump.
Then again, I can't see your cannon.
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:10 pm
Lenyamentalisk, I got it working once Jack told me about the unscrewing of that thing.
Now what's giving me problems is the spark gap itself, the spark is jumping from the brass rod to the female adapter, so it's not sparking inside my chamber, I'm tired of this adapter beacause of all the problems it's giving me.
I'm making a new adapter with the same principle, I'll make sure to space out the spark gap from the metal around as much as possible and I'll get an extra long schrader so I dont have anymore problems with it.
Bought some 2 inch long schrader valves, that'll give me more than enough space, this cannon should be up and running by next weekend. I'm gonna work on the handles and the integrated recoil absorbtion for the contest
Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:07 pm
I just poured in the epoxy onto my new epoxy plug, this time I made sure that I had enough schrader sticking out of the plug to ensure that I can get air through. I'll put it in my heater for about 2 hours to speed up the curing. I'll post pictures tommorow, and I'll begin testing in about 3 days.