High pressure pengun V3 *Update 7/18/10

Miniature guns are novelty custom, unique, and sometime downright crude! Common construction materials often include pill bottles or pens. Show us your work!
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:18 pm

The can was filles with water and then shot with a 3mm steel ball. The golfball was obviously shot with a pin. When I get my c02 tank the power will be much more impressive.
Yeah, it's that important.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:11 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:14 pm

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:58 pm

LOL :)
OG Anti-Hybrid
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
clemsonguy1125
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:02 pm

The curse of the pen guns title
jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Freefall wrote:When I first saw the title, I read it as "Pneumatic penguin", and wondered what you were doing with small flightless birds. Then I clicked the link and all made sense.
I know! I kept looking at the title from the corner of my eye while typing out the post, convinced I had written "penguin" by mistake hehe
That is all.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:31 am

SpudBlaster15 wrote:The damage shots are fairly impressive for a 3mm projectile, but as always, more pressure would be nice.
With high pressure, small calibre projectiles can be accelerated to high velocities which compensates for their diminutive side. Mypengun v2 was surprisingly powerful, though granted it had the advantage of barrel length beyond what would fit into a pen-sized pachage.

My ultimate goal would be to make one that can take 3000 or so psi - and I believe that on such a small scale, epoxy construction would be up to the task - though it would then be a chore to pilot it, and I'm not sure a schrader would stand up to repeated use at those pressures so perhaps some sort of custom fill/pilot valve would be required.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:39 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
SpudBlaster15 wrote:The damage shots are fairly impressive for a 3mm projectile, but as always, more pressure would be nice.
With high pressure, small calibre projectiles can be accelerated to high velocities which compensates for their diminutive side. Mypengun v2 was surprisingly powerful, though granted it had the advantage of barrel length beyond what would fit into a pen-sized pachage.

My ultimate goal would be to make one that can take 3000 or so psi - and I believe that on such a small scale, epoxy construction would be up to the task - though it would then be a chore to pilot it, and I'm not sure a schrader would stand up to repeated use at those pressures so perhaps some sort of custom fill/pilot valve would be required.
I was thinking the same thing. @3000 psi this thing would have incredible power for it's size, probably near or higher than that of the pop shot micro. I think that I will build a nice brass pump for this gun similar to that that jord2daje built here.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:20 am

Mr.Sandman wrote:I think that I will build a nice brass pump for this gun similar to that that jord2daje built here.
I'm thinking it would be easier to put together a schrader attachment for my SCUBA tank :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:24 am

I should invest into a scuba tank, having that kind of pressure at my disposal would be rather nice.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Since "valveless" is my word of the now, how about this for a super-efficient pengun :D
Attachments
vlcollartrigger.gif
vlcollartrigger.gif (12.2 KiB) Viewed 2808 times
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:52 pm

The pin restrictor would need an angle on it so it can reset the pin, like this:
Attachments
mod.png
mod.png (5.86 KiB) Viewed 2803 times
OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!
clemsonguy1125
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Did you ever make a succcessful valveless gun JSR?
That is all.
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:59 pm

not a bad idea... esspecially since you can use QC fittings to build it (ohh BTW there are smaller QC than those normally used for pneumatics... IDK what they are called but I think you can find them somewhere)
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Gun Freak wrote:The pin restrictor would need an angle on it so it can reset the pin, like this
of course, that was just the concept drawing ;)
clemsonguy1125 wrote:Did you ever make a succcessful valveless gun JSR?
Aside from my breech detent prototypes - where a valve feeds air into a chamber sticking the projectile in the breech until enough pressure builds up - I had made one design where the projectile is already held by the pressure and required to be physically released via the detent.
POLAND_SPUD wrote:not a bad idea... esspecially since you can use QC fittings to build it (ohh BTW there are smaller QC than those normally used for pneumatics... IDK what they are called but I think you can find them somewhere)
LeMaudit had suggested something similar here, though I think I prefer to "roll my own" ;)