High pressure pengun V3 *Update 7/18/10

Miniature guns are novelty custom, unique, and sometime downright crude! Common construction materials often include pill bottles or pens. Show us your work!
User avatar
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5
Posts: 4971
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 pm
Location: Florida
Been thanked: 7 times

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:06 pm

@POLAND, Clippard has small quick connect fittings if that's what you're talking about.
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:17 pm

nope I am not talking about push-to-connect fittings
Image

ohh BTW if you can get them then do so.... most stuff that I have is rated to 60 bar while polyamide tubing that I use with it has working pressure of over 50 bar

I was referring to QCs which are exactly like typical QCs but are smaller

@JSR
you might find this link useful -> http://www.cmatic.it/moduli/catalogo/view/serie/MP/0/0
&
http://www.cmatic.it/moduli/catalogo/vi ... -Tubo_PA66

I bought them locally but the company is located in Italy
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General
Posts: 25745
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Donating Members

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:35 pm

certainly looks useful, especially for an "air circuit fan like yourself ;P but would they be adaptable to the valveless concept as a trigger?

Anyway, to avoid the thread hijack, should we move the discussion here?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:10 am
Contact:

Donating Members

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:48 pm

Does anyone know what fitting threaded schraders screw into? I need to find a way to connect my pengun to my c02 tank.
Yeah, it's that important.
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General
Posts: 25745
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Donating Members

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:46 am

This was my solution, a cheap metal valve cap epoxied to a 1/8" fitting, job done ;)

Image
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
jor2daje
Specialist 4
Specialist 4
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: Southern California

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:00 am

Thats a good idea jsr, similar to what I did on my brass pump. I filed it down while on a drill press and found that under the chrome its nice brass thats easy to solder to, making a more compact fitting.
Patience is a virtue, get it if you can, seldom in a women, never in a man.
User avatar
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:10 am
Contact:

Donating Members

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:13 am

@ Jsr what brand is that On/off valve? I'm really digging that brushed silver look. Also I will have higher pressure shots within the next few weeks, all of the parts for my hpa rig will be arriving and I'll have access to 3000 psi.
Yeah, it's that important.
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General
Posts: 25745
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Donating Members

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:19 am

This one.

No brand but cheap and well made, I currently have three of them :)

One of them is hooked up to my pressure washer gun:

Image
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
c11man
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:37 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:35 am

jsr how do you depress the pin in the schrader valve with that? or does it just open after the 75psi or so required to crack it?
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General
Posts: 25745
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Donating Members

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 am

c11man wrote:jsr how do you depress the pin in the schrader valve with that? or does it just open after the 75psi or so required to crack it?
When you're feeding it 800 psi, losing 75 isn't such a big deal ;)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
c11man
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:37 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:42 am

oh so all your shots that you say are 800psi are realy 725psi?! i dont know how i can trust anything you say anymore! :(
User avatar
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:10 am
Contact:

Donating Members

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:44 am

c11man wrote:oh so all your shots that you say are 800psi are realy 725psi?! i dont know how i can trust anything you say anymore! :(
I'm pretty sure that once the valve is open, the pressure inside the pengun and outside the c02 tank become the same.
Yeah, it's that important.
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General
Posts: 25745
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Donating Members

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:49 am

c11man wrote:oh so all your shots that you say are 800psi are realy 725psi?! i dont know how i can trust anything you say anymore! :(
Not all my projects are fed with schraders, in fact these days paintball QDs are becoming the norm, plus sometimes I mod (ruin) the schrader by stretching the spring, so it functions like a presta valve.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
c11man
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:37 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:55 am

Mr.Sandman wrote:
c11man wrote:oh so all your shots that you say are 800psi are realy 725psi?! i dont know how i can trust anything you say anymore! :(
I'm pretty sure that once the valve is open, the pressure inside the pengun and outside the c02 tank become the same.
no it stays at 75psi less, ive done it myself. and jsr how exactly do you mod the schraders?
User avatar
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:10 am
Contact:

Donating Members

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:57 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
c11man wrote:oh so all your shots that you say are 800psi are realy 725psi?! i dont know how i can trust anything you say anymore! :(
Not all my projects are fed with schraders, in fact these days paintball QDs are becoming the norm, plus sometimes I mod (ruin) the schrader by stretching the spring, so it functions like a presta valve.
Instead of stretching the spring, you could just cut down the the threaded portion slightly, so that you can access the pin easier. Just wondering, what else should I do with it externally speaking, I'm completely open for suggestions.
Yeah, it's that important.
Post Reply