Mini cannon/L.E.D. Launcher

Miniature guns are novelty custom, unique, and sometime downright crude! Common construction materials often include pill bottles or pens. Show us your work!
Ronin
Private
Private

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:50 am

In the past I have made tennis ball soup can launchers.and modified to make noise(no projectile)soldering large metal funnels or larger cans at the end trying to get a (visible)vortex ring to come out the end.
This is my first PVC pipe attempt.I was wanting to make a compact flare gun style cannon,with a lantern spark/lighter in the end cap.fuel thru a hole in the T in front of the ignighter.I have been useing alcohol based fuels mostly 100proof vodka.or 91%rubbing alcohol . Vodka smells great after it ignights,)and can't seem to get the air fuel mix right,I had alot of little "Womps" but no real bangs,the small size,is the reason I'm sure. So yeasterday i decied to introduce O/2 into the mix.I have never used pure oxygen and I plug the barrel end with ammo I start filling the chamber with o2 and I let o2 run and run and it flows for a long minute or so.I remember that O2will make things burn twice as fast so I only dump one spray of vodka/91%alcohol mix(about5ml no really5ml)and holy atomic bomb,batman.I may have put a small rubber ball into orbit.
Over all length is 21inches/1 1/4 inch sch40 PVC .my main purpose is to launch LED on the 4th of July and any other time I feel like lighting my BOOM stick.I need to figure a way to more effectively mix fuel air with out dragging an O2tank around.
Ronin
Private
Private

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:43 pm

High there and hello again

I'm trying to post Pics of my flare gun style/launcher off my I-phone.but cant figure it out I don't use a desk top./have one.
If anyone can tell me how I would appreciate the help.
I did some research this afternoon and I never knew how dangerous o2 is to use.damm I'm glad I was using a relatively low power fuel.glad I wasn't using Everclear.never again and from what I've read I lucky I can say that .
Last edited by Ronin on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:45 pm

I have been useing alcohol based fuels mostly 100proof vodka
Heresy!!!! :shock:
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
MrCrowley

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Ronin wrote:High there and hello again

I'm trying to post Pics of my flare gun style/launcher off my I-phone.but cant figure it out I don't use a desk top./have one.
If anyone can tell me how I would appreciate the help
Use a third party hosting website:
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/posting ... 13190.html
Zeus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Agreed, I know someone who knows the people who run it, and it's a good site.

No one's pulled him up on using O<sub>2</sub> in a plastic launcher though? And how could you waste vodka on a cannon?
/sarcasm, /hyperbole
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:15 am

Zeus wrote:No one's pulled him up on using O<sub>2</sub> in a plastic launcher though?
I did here, to no avail it seems.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life