other coax ideas

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
theregoesthewindow
Private 4
Private 4

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:42 am

i forget where i saw this but someone had the idea to just pust a sprinkler valve in the chamber of a pnuematic(sp), i was wondering if it would work, or would the outside pressures crush the body of the sprinkler valve? if so how about a ballvalve?
spudshot
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:26 am

well sprinkler valves are buried underground many times, i suppose they're subjected to some pressures, try it, but remote fire it first, if it does crush the valve, you're far away enough to avoid any accident, and big whoop, you're out maybe 20 bucks
boilingleadbath
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:25 pm

Considering it, during the static phase, it appears that the pressure inside the valve would, in most areas (the exception being the outlet pipe), counteract the pressure on the outside.
During the firing stage, the pilot volume will be lower pressure; you'll be getting a compression force on the lid - but the lid is roughly dome-shaped, so it shouldbe fine (no garantee, though)
theregoesthewindow
Private 4
Private 4

Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:46 pm

thanks i just wanted to check before i got hit with flying plastic shards
oh and also would there be a way to fill it remotely without buying a whole bunch of air hose
boilingleadbath
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:26 pm

If you have a compressor with one of those air-chucks that clip onto the shraeder valve (like with a bicycle pump), or a quick connect, you could connect it, and then plug the compressor in. [and run away]
CS

Donating Members

Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:45 pm

Have the air run in via a sprinkler valve to the chamber and have it remotly controled by a garage door opener. Then do the same with the sprinkler valve in the chamber.