Trouble with my first spudgun

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
jakup
Private
Private

Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:40 pm

I am new to the squdgun world and i had no idea how big it is.
i just built my first gun and i think i have a problem. It is a very basic gun with an 3''x18'' chamber and a 2"x36" barrel. i am using equate deodorant as a propellant. it will only shoot about 40 yards and it has no bang whatsoever. I using it in 30 degree weather though i have yet to try it in a warmer climate
nabu92
Private 4
Private 4

Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:57 pm

I had the same problem. What kind of ammo r u usin? I found out that my ammo didnt make a good seal in the barrel. also try using propane or butane.
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:24 pm

You need to discribe the details of your gun build, more detailed i mean, kind of ammo/does it seal the barrel, try useing wadding.
jakup
Private
Private

Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:51 pm

okay it's chamberis 3"x18" with 3" cleanout with cap i us a 2" reducer(the kind that slants down) to a 3 foot two inch pipe. I am using potatos for ammo, i am thinking a apple may work better, when i look down the barrel i can see a little bit of light around the potato. i have now trid oust, starting fluid,& deodorant. i was using a igniter that i got out of one of those long neck lighters but it broke so i am using a lantern flint. every time i spray the portellant into the chamber it the flint gets too wet and wont light. i have the flint placed in the middle of the chamber. any tips
jakup
Private
Private

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:08 pm

okay it's chamberis 3"x18" with 3" cleanout with cap i us a 2" reducer(the kind that slants down) to a 3 foot two inch pipe. I am using potatos for ammo, i am thinking a apple may work better, when i look down the barrel i can see a little bit of light around the potato. i have now trid oust, starting fluid,& deodorant. i was using a igniter that i got out of one of those long neck lighters but it broke so i am using a lantern flint. every time i spray the portellant into the chamber it the flint gets too wet and wont light. i have the flint placed in the middle of the chamber. any tips
saladtossser
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:31 pm

varie the amount of fuel, also because it's cold, fuel likes to settle faster
"whoa... I thought pimpmann was black..."-pyromanic13