I am Extatic!

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
starman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Donating Members

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Yes, that has turned out really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product....probably not more than you though... 8)

Can I assume that is standard paint and not an anodizing job?
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:22 pm

starman wrote:Yes, that has turned out really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product....probably not more than you though... 8)

Can I assume that is standard paint and not an anodizing job?
Thats anodize baby! The barrel and camlock (part with levers) is hard anodized while the rest is blue anodize.
Fnord
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Looks great,
but $2000 of fab is so not worth it.
jonnyboy
Corporal
Corporal

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:20 pm

Wow that turned out nice. Since scorpion is taken how about king cobra?

And I got a pretty good chuckle at Mr.C's old post
HOLY $^%# that is ONE HELL OF A CANNON Twisted Evil omfg that thing is sooo nice, great job for your first cannon..wow im speechless...jesus christ great job..wow Shocked dont want to be playing Paint Ball agaisnt you Laughing no offence
It's nice to see you've matured with age. :wink:
mobile chernobyl wrote:I can shoot a Canuter Valve off my '82 Chevy Ram F150 AT LEAST 3/4 Mile with 'ma cannon made of soup cans duct taped together, then I just squirt some bacardi 151 in the chamber and hold up my cigarrete lighta and WHOOSH! That thing flies at least 3/4 mile
rp181
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:53 pm

wow, in my opinion, that was a waste of 2000 dollars. If you gave it to me, I would make you a nice fusion reactor =)
starman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Donating Members

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:54 pm

Moonbogg wrote:Thats anodize baby! The barrel and camlock (part with levers) is hard anodized while the rest is blue anodize.
Wow, that's really cool. It's great you have a good fab group to work with there....sounds a little pricey though. I know this is what things like this cost though....especially one-offs like this.
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:55 am

starman wrote:
Moonbogg wrote:Thats anodize baby! The barrel and camlock (part with levers) is hard anodized while the rest is blue anodize.
Wow, that's really cool. It's great you have a good fab group to work with there....sounds a little pricey though. I know this is what things like this cost though....especially one-offs like this.
Right, it was just one. Everyone has to stop what they are doing to work on this one job. Heat treat alone is $400. So pro fabbing isn't cheap. If I made 10 of them, the fab cost would probly drop by almost half.

Edited to say:
OHHHH ITS SO PRETTY!!!!! I love it! I have a huge hard on over it! I might choose Harley Davidson grips with spikes on the ends!
psycix
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4

Donating Members

Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:56 pm

So its actually fabricated! Cool!
It looks good.
When will you put it into action?
Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
FishBoy
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:11 pm

Moonbogg wrote:...I have a huge hard on over it!
That detail probably could have been left out :roll:

But aside from that it looks very nice!, can't wait to see it finished. (and firing :twisted: )
"You polish a turd, it's still a turd"

Remember DYI!!!
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:52 pm

that thing is brutally nice! :D
imagine the amazingly fast recoil this will have with "light" ammo like a golf ball!
a video is a must and so is the obligatory steel plate test! shoot through as much steel as you can!
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
FishBoy
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:57 pm

Considering you have a already have a union, I would also try to use that as a 2x (no higher) hybrid :twisted: I do not know the thickness or the limitations of the metal however.
"You polish a turd, it's still a turd"

Remember DYI!!!
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:18 pm

FishBoy wrote:Considering you have a already have a union, I would also try to use that as a 2x (no higher) hybrid :twisted: I do not know the thickness or the limitations of the metal however.
Right, I will consider the gun a 2x for now, however, once I actually use it i'll see how the recoil is. If I can handle it i'll go to 3x with light ammo. Anything beyond 3x would really need a longer barrel to be worth I think. So yeah, 2X i'm sure will be hella plenty as my advanced combustion is already impressive to me.
Thanks for the replies everyone.
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Very cool!

The workmanship and design (especially the welds, tiged?) is excellent. Some grips will really set it off!

Brilliant.
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:04 am

inonickname wrote:Very cool!

The workmanship and design (especially the welds, tiged?) is excellent. Some grips will really set it off!

Brilliant.
Thanks man,
I have black rubber/foam grips that will go on it. I am not sure what process they used for the welding, but I am relieved that the welds came out looking nice and clean. I was afraid that since its aluminum that the welds would be all huge and flat and sort of just drifting all over the place.
I can't wait to get it finished and all dressed up with the recoil pad and laser sight. I'll update with pics as I go.
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:07 am

Well, TIG welds are usually the best for aluminium..

Gas tungsten arc welding

Bleh, black grips?

Just go take the grips off some little girls' bike..

Probably too bulky for a handheld- but you could look into hydraulic dampeners to absorb recoil. Think of canopies on utes that open/close smoothly. They use hydraulic dampeners.
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun