Curious question....

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
Kilash
Private 4
Private 4

Wed May 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Has anyone here ever got a spudgun, of any size, through airport security? :D
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu May 16, 2013 12:07 am

Given the fact that this is a public forum, and the disproportionate amount of hysteria focused on air travel security, I don't think this is the sort of question anyone should be answering.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
MrCrowley

Thu May 16, 2013 12:47 am

jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu May 16, 2013 12:49 am

If they reported a guy for trying to light a fuse in his shoe, I'm pretty sure had you whipped out some PVC cement and started assembling you would have been stopped :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Thu May 16, 2013 9:18 am

lol I wonder what would you have said if they had stopped you and interrogated you...
yes, officer I am telling the truth - I am building a huge penis pump in my basement
:D
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jsefcik
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Thu May 16, 2013 4:10 pm

I didnt go through airport secruity but I went through a high security area to pick up my dad,, they asked what ya got there, I said just scrap pvc cleaning out a house guy said ok have a nice day:)
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri May 17, 2013 12:51 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:lol I wonder what would you have said if they had stopped you and interrogated you...
A very violent penis pump if it requires the use of diaphragm valves :shock:
Kilash
Private 4
Private 4

Fri May 17, 2013 9:18 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:lol I wonder what would you have said if they had stopped you and interrogated you...
yes, officer I am telling the truth - I am building a huge penis pump in my basement
:D
LOL

Crowley, thats crazy, if I was the custom officer, I would had definitely stopped you, then congratulate you on what a big pair of balls you have.

My dad got stopped and turned around by US customs for having some rose snipping shears in his check-in luggage. Said they suspect he was trying to garden illegally in the country.
Solar
Corporal
Corporal
United States of America

Sat May 18, 2013 5:37 am

I fly with my launchers all the time. You must remove any regulator you have on any air tanks and go through an inspection. Having the US code regarding destructive devices and explaining that it is not considered a firearm helps quite a bit. I have heard of others having problems flying into california on their way to Nevada though. As a paintball shotgun it is a sporting device. Since it also launches other, safety related ammo such as shark repellent and fire suppressant it is considered exempt from being considered a DD much as a 37mm gas gun. It is even legal for you to manufacture rounds for it such as smoke and flares but not anti-personell rounds.

This is of course all checked baggage.

The oddest thing I was allowed on board with was a NAVY NBP-1 parachute like the one D.B. Cooper used. I carried a copy of SOF in my hand for good measure.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Fri May 24, 2013 8:21 am

Solar wrote:I fly with my launchers all the time. You must remove any regulator you have on any air tanks and go through an inspection. Having the US code regarding destructive devices and explaining that it is not considered a firearm helps quite a bit. I have heard of others having problems flying into california on their way to Nevada though. As a paintball shotgun it is a sporting device. Since it also launches other, safety related ammo such as shark repellent and fire suppressant it is considered exempt from being considered a DD much as a 37mm gas gun. It is even legal for you to manufacture rounds for it such as smoke and flares but not anti-personell rounds.

This is of course all checked baggage.

The oddest thing I was allowed on board with was a NAVY NBP-1 parachute like the one D.B. Cooper used. I carried a copy of SOF in my hand for good measure.
Thank you Solar. As for anyone else... not even sure why you'd want to try this. If you taking your cannon for a trip, it needs to come apart to be legal so any devices prohibited in the air need to stay home. Best to keep safe than end up probed by TSA... unless your into that :oops:
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).