"In the world of spuds today"

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
Blitz
Corporal 2
Corporal 2
United States of America

Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:50 am

I would say that I wouldn't even dignify that with a response, but here I am. Bah, I fail.

You've gone off the deep end, man. Just step away from the computer, and try to build a air cannon you can strike the US with or something.

You may have started the thread, but it's definitely not yours. Although hijacking your own thread to further your anti-scott hatemongering is pretty humorous. :)
jackssmirkingrevenge wrote: Careful, they might send troops to retake this thread, plenty of WMDs to find here :roll: :D
That was actually pretty funny man. :P
rna_duelers
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:00 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Novacastrian wrote:How about you get the hell out of MYthread, dumbass.
Careful, they might send troops to retake this thread, plenty of WMDs to find here :roll: :D
That right there is pure gold,thats got my Sig Approval!
Novacastrian
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:01 am

Careful, they might send troops to retake this thread, plenty of WMDs to find here :roll: :D
I agree JSR, i agree. :)

BTW blitz, i got banned under the name of "Scotty" for mentioning that my Hybrid used butane for fuel, Spanerman had a post count of around 800 and i had a post count of around 3, happy days. I'll give you a cookie if you can find the thread asswipe.
America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.
Blitz
Corporal 2
Corporal 2
United States of America

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:09 am

Novacastrian wrote:

BTW blitz, i got banned under the name of "Scotty" for mentioning that my Hybrid used butane for fuel, Spanerman had a post count of around 800 and i had a post count of around 3, happy days. I'll give you a cookie if you can find the thread asswipe.
I apologize, but I don't know how to search for posts -- n00bish nature and all, ya know? Why do you want me to find that?

And what's with the name calling man?
Novacastrian
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:15 am

Blitz wrote:
Novacastrian wrote:

I apologize, but I don't know how to search for posts -- n00bish nature and all, ya know? Why do you want me to find that?

I am truly sorry for the asswipe bit, i have been through a bit lately.

As for the searching you bloody noob, learn how to do it otherwise the majority here will come down on you- take that from experience. :wink:
America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.
Blitz
Corporal 2
Corporal 2
United States of America

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:22 am

Novacastrian wrote:
Blitz wrote:
Novacastrian wrote:

I am truly sorry for the asswipe bit, i have been through a bit lately.

As for the searching you bloody noob, learn how to do it otherwise the majority here will come down on you- take that from experience. :wink:
It's cool, I appreciate it.

I'm not *really* a n00b, I just haven't been posting much as you'd see from my join date and posting. That aside, I did find some posts of you and spanerman in seperate threads mentioning butane in each of your hybrids (nice, BTW), but nothing of much significance to banning.
rcman50166
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:46 am

In the world of spuds today, micro combustions are all the rage, They keep getting smaller and smaller. Meanwhile my thread on smallest over-under gets hijacked to talk about penis size. Go see under my signature.
Novacastrian
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:00 am

rcman50166 wrote:In the world of spuds today, micro combustions are all the rage, They keep getting smaller and smaller. Meanwhile my thread on smallest over-under gets hijacked to talk about penis size. Go see under my signature.
Fork your signature, i want to see a pic of your penis 8)
Fnord
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:49 pm

For those of you who actually still read this thread, I'll give you a teaser.

It's all you'll be getting for a while :P
Attachments
I'll make the 3d model available for download once I post the updated version (2.1). It's identical to the actual gun down to very small tolerances.<br /><br />This was made in anim8or.
I'll make the 3d model available for download once I post the updated version (2.1). It's identical to the actual gun down to very small tolerances.

This was made in anim8or.
hybrid.jpg (23.39 KiB) Viewed 3895 times
Bubba05
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:57 pm

What the hell is going on here boys??? I go away for a month come to my fav thread and thers talk to a SEAL team reclaming the thred in search of WMDs then name calling and nasty stuff and then something about penis thoe OH WOW that thing is KEWL _Fnord......where do you get those wonderful toys?
Anyways after comencing my holy mission to get a CO2 fire extinguisher i have finaly located one and shall comence constucction of my pnematic launcher soon.

Have a good one guys and for F@%K sake smile :)

Bubba
super spuder
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:22 pm

hahaha ... there was something about a penis? must have missed that, thank god! have fun making that pneumatic gun :P

@_Fnord... HOLY SHIT!!!! what else can i say? :shock:
trying to decide on a new project, probably something small.
DYI
First Sergeant 5
First Sergeant 5
Antigua & Barbuda

Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:11 pm

Damn SS, its been a long time since you last posted here...

In the world of spuds today, I got pissed off about the leak on my nitrogen reg's output, and coated the whole thing in about 1/2" of epoxy paste :P Time will tell whether it worked or not. It starts leaking when the output side reaches 300psi, and is a very pronounced hiss at the SCTBDC's normal operating pressure of 450. Normally I wouldn't care, but I only get 15 full power shots out of a tank, and at $4 a shot, I can't afford to waste any on leaks.

I repaired one of my range-shooting rounds for another try tomorrow, attached another 10" of chamber to the SCTBDC (grand total of 68" and ~230 ci now), and made some more 48 layer disks.

Also, at school I mathematically proved that a 2 dimensional shape (sexdecagon?) drawn completely inside a circle actually had more area than the circle it was drawn inside. The math teacher (P.h.d.)and several others were completely confounded, and the general consensus was that I had broken the universe. :roll:
Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
MrCrowley

Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:39 pm

DYI wrote:Also, at school I mathematically proved that a 2 dimensional shape (sexdecagon?) drawn completely inside a circle actually had more area than the circle it was drawn inside. The math teacher (P.h.d.)and several others were completely confounded, and the general consensus was that I had broken the universe. :roll:
Haha in my maths class i've been reading Andy McNab books since the start of the year and I pulled off an excellence* in my first internal** and my friend is pissed off because he's actually been trying and he only got merit. And he's probably smarter then me :D

*excellence is like an A+ I guess, I got everything right :)
**Internals are an exam you sit during the year, not at the end.
MaxuS the 2nd
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:49 pm

DYI wrote:a 2 dimensional shape (sexdecagon?)
So that's a 60 sided shape for us simple folk?
DYI
First Sergeant 5
First Sergeant 5
Antigua & Barbuda

Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:52 pm

The unfortunate and rather scary thing is, what I was doing wasn't a trick; I didn't expect it myself. This wasn't some piddly little difference either - slightly over 8 full units above what it could be within the rules of Euclidean geometry.

Maxus, the reason for the question mark was that I was guessing at the name. The shape had 16 sides. Anyone know the proper name of that?
Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.