"In the world of spuds today"

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
Shyasuna
Private
Private

Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Nice to meet you everyone. I am a representative of 巴波重工|UZUMA HEAVY INDUSTRIES in Japan. Thank you for the finding and mentioning me. I have been watching this website, and so I'm very grad to see my creation here.

As Mr.jackssmirkingrevenge mentioned, it is illegal to fire projectiles in japan. And so, we have developed the pneumatic cannon as a impact and shock wave generator. Yesterday, I wrote the article about the situation of development of pneumatic cannons in Japan and about my invention. So please check it↓
http://www.spudfiles.com/pneumatic-cann ... ml#p380197
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:01 pm

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your fine build!
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
AlfiePB IanB
Private 2
Private 2

Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:30 am

Pumped my qev/slide valve cannon to 800psi, nearly cr4pped myself,not sure if it was because I had turned my regulator down to 50psi and it was no longer regulating, anyway no harm done, just had visions of a face full of shrapnel!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:36 pm

So today I finally caved...

No I didn't design a hybrid... I bought one of those SHINY commercial QEVs and a Clippard MJVO-3 three-way valve. Plan is to make a bolt-action, cartridge ejecting gun, primarily for Nerf but of course can be used with any ammo that will fit in the 1/2" PVC cartridges.

The air source will likely be my 1944 small (~1 L) oxygen cylinder, unregulated at up to 200 psi. Don't want to damage the Clippard valve, although I know the QEV can handle much, much more.

Over the weekend I also downloaded Inventor and Inventor HSM, as well as the HSMWorks plug-in for SolidWorks. Hooray being a student and having free access to all of these awesome programs :D I'm really trying to learn CAM programming, especially since I have access to 3 Haas machines (TM-2 toolroom CNC mill, VF-2 CNC mill, and SL-10 CNC lathe).

Inventor is pretty :P
Attachments
1944 oxygen cylinder
1944 oxygen cylinder
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:39 pm

I totally miss a easy enough to use CAM for 3D milling... Inventor fusion does work but doesn't output to Mach3 files (rather that or I haven't figured out)
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:57 am

No I didn't design a hybrid...
It's going to happen sooner or later, I don't understand why you're fighting it.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:36 pm

That's where you're wrong sir! :lol: I don't know why you're fighting it :wink:
OG Anti-Hybrid
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:22 am

One day you will be in a professional situation like Mr. Hall where a pneumatic just won't cut it and you have to create something VERA-like. You will avoid posting it here but there will be a youtube video somewhere and mark my words, I will find it, and I will comment on it.
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:01 pm

Wrong on all accounts, Gun Freak is going to skip hybrids altogether and start building Sten's and shotguns in his spare time. :P
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:10 am

Is Gun Freak secretly Royal Nonesuch?
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:11 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Is Gun Freak secretly Royal Nonesuch?
Ha! That's exactly who I had in the back of my mind when I typed out that last comment.

"True operators, doing operations, won't use a gun unless it can be fired from under a sweater." :D
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:11 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Is Gun Freak secretly Royal Nonesuch?
You got me...

At least in the event that I had to make one in a professional situation I would be paid... and I suppose I could cope with that... However if that day ever comes I would expect nobody other than you, Jack, to find it :lol:
OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Well, I've finally got around to completing the work on HEAL's stock and sight mount (and got her a proper storage case)...
IMG_3434_1600.jpg
... which I'd like to think is something of an improvement over what she looked like 10 years ago.

You may notice that I've mounted a unmagnified red-dot these days rather than the 3-9x40 scope she used to have. The latter was actually somewhat impractical for many purposes and (being an air rifle scope) had a very short eye relief that didn't suit some of the heavier recoiling projectiles. That said, you may see it again if I'm shooting for accuracy.

The final barrel mounts have not however been completed, as once Timberwolf's valve/chamber has been properly pressure tested (it is now finally correctly assembled) I'll be swapping that in instead*, and the two builds don't have exactly the same dimensions (which will affect the height of the mounts).

* As cool as it would be to one day finish Timberwolf as the high pressure repeater I envisioned her as, that's probably not happening in the immediate future. For now, I'm prepared to settle for a 40 bar version of HEAL (given that Timberwolf's valve is somewhat better constructed for high pressures) - that's not going to be anything to sneeze at.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:39 pm

Nice, thinking of getting a cheap Red dot sight off the Ebay, are they any good ? only like $7

Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:33 pm

I can't comment on anything quite that cheap, as I spent a little more than that - about £12, which is still a very budget model, but it's a fairly robust metal one and at least so far it's seemed to be fairly well suited to the task (and much more convenient than trying to build and calibrate proper iron sights).
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?