SpudFiles Member Map

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:51 pm

No link to click here, sorry about that.
Last edited by jrrdw on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
dewey-1
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:16 am

Would it not be easier for each forum member just to fill out there location on their personal profile than a map that is located in some obsure thread?

Just click on members profile and there it is! (if it filled out)

There are almost daily postings asking where is your location?
Simply filling out the location solves a lot of useless questions.

The first thing I do to attempt to answer someones question/problem, is to look at there profile for location. This gives me some idea how to answer the question for availability/location of potential parts and solutions.

If you have the time to map your location, you definitely could fill out your profile location. (at least a country or continent)

Who needs a map! A simple profile location can create a mental map!
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Member who want to be known should do both, fill out their profile and put their mark on the map. At least fill in the state and country your from in your profile, don't have to get to close to home lol.
Last edited by jrrdw on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:01 am

Dewey-1: I think it is better to have it visualized. You can see the "density" of spudders in different places.
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
Zeus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:28 am

I'm on. It's actually 1 km from where I am.

But that picture is so old, The dam is now full, it is near empty in the picture.
dewey-1
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:20 am

SpudFarm wrote:Dewey-1: I think it is better to have it visualized. You can see the "density" of spudders in different places.
I don't have a problem with that! If you look, I also "pinned" my location.
I just request more people would fill out there location in their profile.
This will solve silly questions like; "Where do you live" postings.
I have several times tried to help out others but get a response like; "I live here and can't get this or that." If the location was listed in their profile you can get decision based answers for their locale.
All I am saying is, if they can take the time to do the map entry, they can also take the time to edit their profile's location.
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:56 am

dewey-1 wrote: If the location was listed in their profile you can get decision based answers for their locale.
I can understand what you mean about that.

But this thread is mostly just to have somewhere to look where the spudders are IMO.
I actually wrote a very long reply for you but what I was trying to say was to hard to explain so I just removed it.
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
AlphaOmega
Private 2
Private 2

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:18 am

I really like being able to visually see where everyone that chooses to place a marker is located. At least now I know that I'm not alone with this hobby in Michigan. Nice idea SpudFarm.
Pneumatically Deconstructed
bighead33
Private 4
Private 4

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:44 pm

i agree with spudfarm this thing is cool8 ) now i can who is next to me and maybe set a date and chat so PLEAS! make your mark cause right now the closest person to me is tow states away. and where are you on the map spudfarm.
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:31 am

bighead33 wrote:where are you on the map spudfarm.
Look in the middle of Norway.

And the only thing that Dewey said was that he would like people to list their approximate location on their profile, I have no problem with that.
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:33 am

since its illegal in aus and some last year went to jail for using a spudgun
it probly a better idea to not put your exact house.

still i like the idea and if the cops wanna catch you they could probly do it without the map
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:01 am

-_- wrote:still i like the idea and if the cops wanna catch you they could probly do it without the map
The cops here wouldn't care about what I am doing I think. The only reason I could see them taking action is if my neighbours complain on the noice, and they would still just tell me not to shoot it I think. (I would make a suppressor:P)
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:52 pm

SpudFarm wrote:The cops here wouldn't care about what I am doing I think. The only reason I could see them taking action is if my neighbours complain on the noice, and they would still just tell me not to shoot it I think. (I would make a suppressor:P)
From what I've heard, the cops over there in Norway are much more tolerant of this and other related energetic hobbies.

If you live in the USA or Canada, and you've successfully maintained a low profile to this point, it's probably unwise to list your exact location. For some of us, it's too late, and trust me, you don't want to get to a point where every police department in the region has a multiple page document of your activities locked away in a filing cabinet on location. Be careful of what information you give out online, and most importantly, be aware that your actions may have much greater implications than you initially believe.
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:10 am

From what I've heard, the cops over there in Norway are much more tolerant of this and other related energetic hobbies.
True, and in addition I live in a small place where I know 99% of the people. They will come talk to me rather then call the police.
If you live in the USA or Canada, and you've successfully maintained a low profile to this point, it's probably unwise to list your exact location. For some of us, it's too late, and trust me, you don't want to get to a point where every police department in the region has a multiple page document of your activities locked away in a filing cabinet on location. Be careful of what information you give out online, and most importantly, be aware that your actions may have much greater implications than you initially believe.
Agree, I am pretty sure that it will be fine over here. But it might not be where you live.
I am not trying to encourage people to list their exact location. I just told my "Situation" :)
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:44 am

It was manly for the ozys, i looked for that post but couldn't find it. i think it was by Mitchza89 when he left because one of his mate got like 2 years in jail when the cops busted him with spudgun.
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait