Avaiability of sdr26

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
jsefcik
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:30 pm

Sup guys havent made a post on here in sometime hope everyone is doing well and figured i try my best to see if someone could help here

Im in the search of sdr26 2 1/2 inch , about a 4 foot section, online prices are insane and so is my local machinsts prices to make me it, now does anybody possibly have a section they can donate or part with for a cheaper price? Ill pay for pipe and shipping thanks guys:)
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:31 pm

No, but if you are looking for the same internal diameter, you can try sleeving 3" SCH-40 inside of itself by cutting a band out of the inner piece length-wise. Test it out with a scrap piece before using a whole stick to make a barrel as I haven't tried this myself yet.
Fnord
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 pm

I've noticed the oddball PVC diameters are going away more and more. Looked for some golfball pipe the other day and there's just nothing there locally.

Note that any significant seam left from the cutting/sleeving method may have a hop-up effect, so the seam should be placed at the top or bottom if possible!
jsefcik
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:30 pm

[quote="Fnord"]I've noticed the oddball PVC diameters are going away more and more. Looked for some golfball pipe the other day and there's just nothing there locally.

Its funny that you mentioned that,my local shop has plenty of that golfball pipe if you needed some im be more then glad to get you some:) just for the materials and shipping :) but yes sdr26 i have yet to locate it and spudtech has it but idk how their shipping speed is, i dnt wanna wait 5 weeks
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:39 am

My local supplier of SDR-21/26 piping happens to be a very old hardware store, which sells it for irrigation since I used to live in a semi-farming community. They have sizes from 1" to 4" IIRC, although no oddball sizes like 2.5".

Stubborn old people will keep it available for the time being, but I think as a community we need to be looking towards better materials than thin-wall PVC. :wink: Although I am guilty of using it quite often...

I'm actually looking to rebuild this using a better material than PVC, due to it's extreme practicality (stuff it in a duffel bag and it goes anywhere), but I don't want it exposed to desert nights, so I'll probably be switching to ABS (with the foam-core bits sleeved in solid-core couplings) with a cut-and-sleeved barrel...
Last edited by mark.f on Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsefcik
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:26 pm

mark.f wrote:My local supplier of SDR-21/26 piping happens to be a very old hardware store, which sells it for irrigation since I used to live in a semi-farming community. They have sizes from 1" to 4" IIRC, although no oddball sizes like 2.5".

Stubborn old people will keep it available for the time being, but I think as a community we need to be looking towards better materials than thin-wall PVC. :wink: Although I am guilty of using it quite often...

I'm actually looking to rebuild this using a better material than PVC, due to it's extreme practicality (stuff it in a duffel bag and it goes anywhere), but I don't want it exposed to desert nights, so I'll probably be switching to ABS (with the foam-core bits sleeved in solid-core couplings) with a cut-and-sleeved barrel...

Is there anyway maybe you can get me some? Im going to keep looking around my area if not i may need help:)
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Unfortunately I'm only here for the next two days before I drive to California, and I don't even know if they're open on Fridays anymore... sorry.
jsefcik
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:54 pm

Its alright:(