Free cannons to good home

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
Biopyro
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Fri May 13, 2016 3:11 pm

It is a sad day but the cost of storage space in the south east of england is rising exponentially but my savings are not, and so I need to go lean on my belongings for a decade or so.

I will be keeping my combustion cannon, but I have:

A a part-built piston pneumatic:
10bar rated PVC, 50mm x 1m chamber, 1/2" female thread barrel port. I have some 50mm and 40mm PVC you can take with you too, to make a barrel.
Pic 1 Pic 2

A finished copper QEV gun. This has 22mm copper tank and barrel, about 1.2m long I guess, nice over-under rifle design. It needs a trigger hooking up. It's a commercial 3/4" valve which is rated for 10 bar but I always used to take it higher.
Valve| Whole cannon

A very unfinished.. thing? It was going to be a water cannon, but then I realised this grip assembly was unnecessary.
Pic

The rest of the water cannon consists of an expansion tank and stainless steel woven hose with a 1/2 ball valve on the end. If you want that too, you can have it.

I would like to ship any or all of this to someone with an interest in the hobby. Ideally they should be able to show a cannon they have already built, but this isn't essential. I just don't want to see £100+ worth of kit get put in someone's attic and then scrapped in a few years.

Buyer covers delivery/collection.
Last edited by Biopyro on Sun May 15, 2016 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. -Benjamin Franklin
AlfiePB IanB
Private 2
Private 2

Sat May 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi where a bouts in south of England are you? I am in Hampshire, I have had a few usernames due to forgetting passwords, some are possibly IanB. I haven't posted any cannons up really as never had a finished one, 2 of my current projects I am trying to fit in are a solenoid operated blow forward repeater and also a dual parallel qev launcher along with a high pressure 3/4" qev piloted by a 1/4", I forgot the brand but they weren't easy to come by in UK as it is a US brand. I am also wary of posting cannons due to our power restriction on air gun laws!!!

Is the copper cannon still available and how much would postage be if you think I am a suitable candidate?

Thanks Ian
Biopyro
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Thu May 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi Ian,
It is, not sure about postage as it is rather long! Probably going to be in the region of £30-40 if I had to guess.

Run it through parcelmonkey with a weight of 5kg and see what comes out.

I'm in East Surrey but would be in southampton 28th May and could leave it with a friend for collection within 1 week.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. -Benjamin Franklin
AlfiePB IanB
Private 2
Private 2

Fri May 20, 2016 6:01 pm

Sounds like a plan, what area of Southampton is it? Do you have a pic of the entire cananno as when I clicked on each they just showed the qev section, how do you fire/pilot it?