Paintball pin-valve female to NPT adapter? Exists???

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
DonJuane
Private
Private

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Do they make one of these? I want to somehow connect a paintball pin-valve to a high pressure hose. I have searched online for a couple of hours now and found nothing. The paintball pin valve male threaded piece that normally inserts into the tank has a channel and a hole nearly at the top which makes this task seemingly difficult. It almost looks like the shaft of the pin-valve assembly that normally goes into a tank would have to be sawed off and re-threaded. However I don't know if enough threads would exist between the small hole and the valve itself to get a good "bite" where the high PSI of CO2 would be secured.

Thanks in advance.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Is this what you mean by pin valve?

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
DonJuane
Private
Private

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:23 pm

Yes it is, I would like to somehow attach a hose to the threads that normally go into the tank.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:04 pm

It's a 5/8NF18 thread so I'm confident you would be able to find a suitable reducer to go to 1/*8 NPT. Do you specifically need the pin valve though? What is it you need to accomplish?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
DonJuane
Private
Private

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:25 pm

I need this pin-valve to connect to another adapter and I need the 5/8NF18 to NPT to connect to the tank side. I am thinking such an adapter is not commonly available. I have found it at only one location online, sold as part of a rather pricey Sodastream adapter ($70 for the entire assembly). It looks like any adapter which would attach where the tank would normally attach would need to have a flare cut into it so the o-ring would seal, since there are only about 5 threads or so between the hole in the threaded section and the base of the valve. Not sure if that would be enough to make a seal at the 800 PSI or so of CO2.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:12 am

If all you needed was a male ASA thread this does the job.
DonJuane
Private
Private

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:30 am

Thanks. I actually purchased 2 of these prior to realizing that the top apparatus that I already have (which attaches paintball top threads to the soda maker) relies on an underlying "pin valve" to provide the CO2 on demand, rather than free flow like the device in the link just above provides. Note that the soda maker has a center pin that must press some type of tank valve pin when CO2 is needed for soda making. Without the standard paintball "pin valve" in the chain, the CO2 flows all time. My initial mistake was not realizing this, thinking that the valve sold online that connects paint ball threads to soda maker threads included a valve mechanism. It does not. The pin in cheap unit sold online contains in the center only a long thin piece of metal which serves as a "remote actuator" for the actual "pin valve" that must exist in the paintball apparatus attached to the bottom of it. The adapter suggested above will not have a valve.

I am going to bite the bullet and just purchase the $70 unit they sell online which includes the paintball tank thread adapter. A shame that there is nothing sold separately that provides this function but it looks like I'll have to re-purchase the entire assembly just to get the one part I need.

To all those with the same idea as me, making your own soda maker adapter, this will be the prohibiting factor, finding an adapter that fits the bottom of a common paintball pin-valve to connect to a larger CO2 tank. Maybe easier to just keep refilling tanks with the large CO2 bottle than to try to create your own contraption for "direct CO2 bottle connect".
BertieKerter1
Recruit
Recruit

Tue May 23, 2017 2:16 am

I have no idea of it.