Website/Chatroom Errors

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:21 am

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:28 am

Happens here too, I figure it's the time when PCGUY resets his computer :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:32 am

I don't use the chat too much but I have noticed that the site won't load sometimes at what would be around 01:00AM in Canada.
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
qwerty
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:31 am

My text dosen't appear in the chatbox.
I visit occasionally to make unrelated posts.
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:16 am

qwerty wrote:My text dosen't appear in the chatbox.
Are you trying to post url's when this happens? Is it random or happen everytime?

I've also notified PCGUY of the site being down.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:28 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Happens here too, I figure it's the time when PCGUY resets his computer :D
It's not exactly me resetting my computer :D

It's the website backup running. Every night, all posts/users/information gets backed up to my home PC (because I don't trust my host with their own backups). This has been set for quite some time, when it started people didn't notice that much because it went fast. Well now that SpudFiles is bigger... people notice, and it takes longer to download to my PC because my current Internet connection SUCKS.

Typically a lot of sites throw up a specific message for when things like backups happen, what happens is that it has to lock the forums database from editing, which results in the errors you guys see. Now that it takes longer... I may have to change this process.

Sorry, SpudFiles kind of turns into a fat cat rolling around at night :lol:
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
Zeus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:25 pm

[quote"Spud Chat who's on display]Fatal error: Call to a member function next() on a non-object in /home/spudfile/public_html/forums/chat/info_embedded.php on line 76[/quote]

This has been displayed for a fair while, 4 hours perhaps. I can't access the chat either, it stalls at the screen which usually asks you for a password etc.

If it resolves before I hear back about it, I'll edit this post to nothing.
linuxexorcist
Private 4
Private 4

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:36 pm

I have the exact same problem zeus, that text shows up in the "users online" box, I'd guess everyone has it right now
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:44 am

Chat is back online :D
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
markspend1
Private
Private

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:41 am

Hello Guys i think that chatroom web page is fairly economical to set up based on your objectives and how much traffic you assume on the site continually.And mostly on data base websites clients faces the chatting errors.Sometimes the error message comes up when the room is full.uncheck the anti jump function and just click,Join space fast
make sure you upgrade it before coming into chat.If you want to talk on google it is best to use a talk client.Thanks!!