request to ban boyntonstu

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
boyntonstu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Well I have to admit that I sleep like a baby.

I wake up every two hours wet and crying.
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:17 pm

My only comment on the thread is it is getting close to violating rule #1.

I'm up to discussion, but not a famefest.
boyntonstu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Technician1002 wrote:My only comment on the thread is it is getting close to violating rule #1.

I'm up to discussion, but not a famefest.
I posted ab out my invention.

You asked a reasonable question about torque.

I answered it, hopefully fully, and clearly.

This is how a forum should run.

If you have a technical issue, fine.

If you wish to defend a technical issue, also fine.

Leave personalities out.

Can't we all get along?
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:36 pm

I believe thats correct, but alot of what people say is constructional criticism.

GRANTED, it does get out of hand, but you respond in kind. I think an attitude adjustment is needed by everyone, not just you. I think this whole situation has gotten way out of proportion in the past few days and people are almost just jumping on the bandwagon now.
"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
boyntonstu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:47 pm

JDP12 wrote:I believe thats correct, but alot of what people say is constructional criticism.

GRANTED, it does get out of hand, but you respond in kind. I think an attitude adjustment is needed by everyone, not just you. I think this whole situation has gotten way out of proportion in the past few days and people are almost just jumping on the bandwagon now.
Please give us a few examples of constructive criticism.

Thanks
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:02 pm

Constructive criticism would be, or well should be say someone built a cannon with a piston valve with massive amounts of pilot volume, obviously not very efficient.

Instead of being like, wow that cannon has a huge pilot volume and it sucks,
you should say its inefficient and you could improve it such and such way.

And part of the problem is that some who post on your threads simply criticize, not constructively
"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:16 pm

There has been a lot of "advertising" on this site recently. On other forums, problem members have been put on moderation, where a moderator must preview all of a user's posts for a given time before they will appear to the masses.

That was (possibly) used for blatant censorship of opposing political views, but something similar could be implemented here. My only concern is the amount of labor that could entail, although it would be less than cleaning all the posted flame posts, their corresponding responses and threads requesting to ban the problem user.
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:39 pm

The easy way is not to take any part in this... but... If we were all about the easy way, this forum wouldn't exist , right?
So...

@Boyntonstu
I like your few videos, instructive, you took the time to make them, that's a big quality. Your inventions are good, and the world can use all the inventors out there.
I like the begining of your first answer.
boyntonstu wrote:Skip my posts, delete my posts, ignore my posts.

Do you watch the worst channel on TV or do you switch?

Do you have self-control, or must you read my Blah, Blah Blah?

[...]
Your advice is solid, why not apply it to what -or who- bugs you too?

I'm not trying to be an ass, this forum is the website i visit the most because a lot of the members are truly unique, and I like learning stuff through experiments.

Not answering is sometimes better than replying a sarcastic and ironic message.

I don't think you should be banned, I sincerely hope you won't read my message in the wrong way. Just, remember a lot of members don't have your life experience, don't share the same ideas, but that doesn't mean they lack interest.

Try not to feel so offended. You know who you are. :)
"J'mets mes pieds où j'veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule."
MrCrowley

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:46 pm

ramses wrote:There has been a lot of "advertising" on this site recently. On other forums, problem members have been put on moderation, where a moderator must preview all of a user's posts for a given time before they will appear to the masses.

That was (possibly) used for blatant censorship of opposing political views, but something similar could be implemented here. My only concern is the amount of labor that could entail, although it would be less than cleaning all the posted flame posts, their corresponding responses and threads requesting to ban the problem user.
Wish I had the power to do that :( :D

Anyway, I think we've reached a consensus of sorts. No action will be taken. However, like in the table saw thread, useless posts (both from him and you guys) will be removed. Double posts will also be removed (hint: Stu). I think what annoys me the most is Stu's lack of ability to form a paragraph :lol:

The bullet-point style posting makes me just skip most of the post except for the start and end. :wink:
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:31 pm

I can't care about his attitude no matter how hard I try. I visit the site for cannon designs and info. If someone bugs you, avoid them or focus on other members for discussion.
Hotwired
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Moonbogg wrote:I can't care about his attitude no matter how hard I try. I visit the site for cannon designs and info. If someone bugs you, avoid them or focus on other members for discussion.
This to be honest.

I don't get anything out of jumping in to be negative or to enforce behaviour.

People with attitudes I disagree with? Why would I post for their attention? It would just wind me up.
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Off to lockland.....c ya!