Searching for threads started by a particular user

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
metallover
Private 4
Private 4

Mon May 30, 2011 8:39 pm

IMO, the search engine on this forum is severely lacking. Maybe I just don't see it, but it lacks the ability to find threads started by a particular user!

It's really annoying not being able to find other member's builds when you're trying to design a gun.

The Spudfiles search is missing the option to search in "Topic titles only" and "First post of topics only". Also, adding the functionality to search specifically for "threads started by user" would be great.

Or maybe I just don't see it? :) Every other forum I visit has this option.

Any chance this will be added to the Spudfiles search in the future? :)

Here's what all the other forums in my speed dial have

Image :)
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Mon May 30, 2011 9:30 pm

i use google just type something and end it with spudfiles.
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
Fnord
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 pm

You can find topics by a particular used... in a roundabout way.
Add your main keywords, then the username under "search for author". This will narrow it down.

Then click the drop down box that says "sort by" and click "author". Look through the list and you'll find all the relevant topics by that user all in a row(since you've sorted alphabetically by the username).
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:27 pm

the search sucks for many reasons, it is outdated for the most part. This will change when PCGUY updates the forum, which has been promised for quite some time now.

Now we just wait patiently.
metallover
Private 4
Private 4

Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Sounds good guys thanks! I knew there was at least something I could do.. And I didn't get an email for responses to this I'll have to fix that...

Also I want to point out that, compared to others, this forum is setup very well and information is very easy to find, especially with the wiki!! Mods and Spudfiles gurus, keep it up!! :)