SpudFiles In 2003

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Was working on the SpudFiles revision today... and was thinking about how SpudFiles was in the very beginning. For those that have never seen this...

http://web.archive.org/web/200310201441 ... no-ip.com/

Unfortunately most pages don't load and lots of elements are broken (so if anyone can find them, post them). There is even an archived copy from 8-13-03, page date updated shows 8/8/03.... that's wild. Basically I ran what is now known as the Showcase section, I collected cannon information (images, designs, plans, etc) and wrote text from the builder and myself regarding the cannon. Called it The Spud Cannon Database in order to make an archive of cannon design and progression over the years. Considering the technology that some cannons use today... I think "The Database" is indeed serving it's purpose very well. Builds have advanced an incredible amount that was never before seen without the collaboration and history that SpudFiles has been able to bring.

This means that I've been running SpudFiles (aka The Spud Cannon Database way back then) since I was 14 (was on SpudTech at 13). This also means that we are almost at our 10th birthday. Wow... 10 years of doing this... all because of seeing this stuff on an episode of "The Screen Savers" for whoever remembers that show.

I may be quiet sometimes but I'm never gone (life has a way of throwing you all over the place), I'm still in the finalizing stages of a new SpudFiles revision. I am hoping to make "the database" more refined and expanded to cover everything we have now, along with adding a great deal of power and features for the forum it's self. Stay tuned :-)
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Pretty cool... very impressive to see how far the site has come. Thank you for runnin a great site!
"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
MrCrowley

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:24 pm

'tis the only forum I still post on regularly; you must be doing something right! :D
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:28 pm

ad multos annos!
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Dam, it took me 2 years to find it L0L! Cool beans. It has come a long way since then. :D