Malware warning

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
Lazyboy
Private 3
Private 3

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:47 pm

I got a malware warning when accessing this thread.
Warning from Google chrome.

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/three-w ... 24643.html

Thought i should let you know
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Nothing wrong there...
MrCrowley

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Hmm... I get the same warning.

Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.spudfiles.com.
Content from www.fohguild.org, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss and permanent file deletion. Learn more

Maybe there's a picture or something linked from that site or Chrome is just paranoid.

edit:

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.fohguild.org/forums

What is the current listing status for www.fohguild.org/forums?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 3 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 1195 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 72 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-11-15, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-11-15.
Malicious software includes 43 exploit(s), 6 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 18 domain(s), including onlinestoryphirescreen4b.net/, liveswarkshdd.net/, digitalbrio.net/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including scuzbomaritim.org/.

This site was hosted on 3 network(s) including AS174 (COGENT), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone), AS3549 (Global Crossing Ltd.).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.fohguild.org/forums did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this website, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Centre.
Lazyboy
Private 3
Private 3

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:13 pm

I guess that's ok then
Last edited by Lazyboy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 am

Thank you for the info.

I reviewed the thread, it looks like an image that JSR posted was indeed hosted on this "fohguild.org" page, a page which has been deemed as unsafe.

Since the image was directly embedded into the forum post, the SpudFiles page was blocked as malware.

I have edited the post to remove the link, which seems to no longer trigger the malware alert (I got it as well).

Will someone let JSR know?

Thanks.
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:50 am

whoops... mea culpa. Firefox didn't think of warning me about that site.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Lazyboy
Private 3
Private 3

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:13 am

I knew JSR was up[ to no good :wink:
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:11 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:whoops... mea culpa. Firefox didn't think of warning me about that site.
Jack, are you using antivirus/malware protection on your computer? Regular updates? That should have been the 1st thing to pick up on malware. Not a good idea to depend on browser security...
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:58 am

Virus protection should be in order, both at home and at work... could it just be that chrome is a bit more paranoid?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:05 am

Yea, it's also possible a user gave a bad complaint to Google about that webpage but is more likely a 3rd party loaded malware on there in hopes of phishing a unsuspecting user to fall pray to it.

Pop shots in the dark...
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:22 am

ethpam! ethpam!
markspend1
Private
Private

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:17 am

Hey Guys according to my thinking malware warning is something from viruses protection applications to let the customer know a viruses attack is occurring.Anti malware applications with protective capabilities can pick up on these attacks after the customer has started out or prompted a dangerous program or report.Thanks a lot!!

NY Web Design