Spudfiles IRC Channel

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:00 am

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:09 am

Seriously you guys.

I log into this room almost more often than I do the chat here on Spudfiles, but there's never anybody in there.

When I log into the room here, I also log into ##spudfiles as well. :)

Looking forward to chatting without having to use third-party browser extensions to reload the room every 10 minutes to prevent timeouts during slow conversations.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:16 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:42 pm

... why would anyone be using a 3rd party extension to reload the chat room when it does that it's self? If no one is chatting over the 15 minute timeout, are you really going to sit and stare to watch for someone else to come in?
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
mobile chernobyl
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
United States of America

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Sometimes people load the chat, switch to another tab, do work for 30 minutes only to find out that they've been signed out of the existing spudfiles chat in that time, and someone that came in 5 minutes ago will join, not see you because you've been 'inactive', and leaves. then you finally check that tab, and boom - chance to discuss relevant spud gunning matters gone.

That's happened to me, and may be what the others are referring to when they discuss their angst towards the current timeout period.

I doubt it is as you say, staring at the chat screen (Or at least I hope they aren't :lol: )
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:20 am

PCGUY wrote:... why would anyone be using a 3rd party extension to reload the chat room when it does that it's self? If no one is chatting over the 15 minute timeout, are you really going to sit and stare to watch for someone else to come in?
Usually the only way to get a chat going is to post in the thread and wait for people to show up, and sometimes that takes upwards of an hour or even more. I'm not staring at the chat screen that entire time, I'm in another tab reading something else and don't want to switch back to reload before the session expires so I use Reload Every to do it for me.