It's been 11 years...

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
spud_hunter
Recruit
Recruit
United States of America

Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:52 pm

I was feeling nostalgic and decided to see if Spudfiles was still going. I had an account here in 2013, and had so many builds to try out but no money. Now I'm financially stable but I lack innovation lol. Since 2013, I've lived in several states, graduated college with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and worked several jobs. This place has a soft spot in my heart. Lately, I've been feeling the itch to build a QEV pneumatic, for old time's sake.

How has spudding changed in the past decade? I remember pnematic cannon technology being hammer valves, piston valves and coaxial valves. Are those still a thing or have there been new inventions?
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:17 am

Welcome back! I also came back in 2019 I think it was, after many years. I built a cannon in 2009 I think it was, then came back right around 10 years later and built a real banger piston hybrid. I'm not real familiar with pneumatics in general regarding innovations, but people are still posting new ideas and making new things, often times with shocking creativity and build quality. Of course, the traditional pneumatic designs are still just as good as they've always been. Come to think of it, I've used my piston hybrid in pneumatic mode quite a few times, so technically I guess I made my first pneumatic by accident :D
So yeah, I say go for a new build! Even in my older age now, I still love spud guns. There's just something about them that never really gets old. BUILD! DO IT!

My most recent build log:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26921
Last edited by Moonbogg on Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:03 pm

spud_hunter wrote:
I had an account here in 2013, and had so many builds to try out but no money. Now I'm financially stable but I lack innovation lol.
A tale as old as time :D

Have a look through the forum, there has been quite a bit of innovation in the hybrid department especially.

I've mostly been bringing older airguns back to life like this Cane Gun but I've also made things like a hammer-fired full auto and made progress with air cartridges.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
SnooBeans 3523
Private
Private
Hong Kong

Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:49 am

spud_hunter wrote:
I've been feeling the itch to build a QEV pneumatic, for old time's sake.
The first airgun I made was a QEV pneumatic