Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
syco kilaa
Private 4
Private 4

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:11 am

hey pcguy why did you never add my pictures and stuff to your site??????
NEGATIVE
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:25 pm

Guess I should note what i'm doing...

When updating cannons and such this time I was sitting there and looking at how much of a pain it is for me to add cannons. Reason it's a pain is because of how much of my site I have to "touch" in order to have another cannon show up on my site. Then an idea hit me...
To use the forums for hosting cannons. What i'm going to do is move all of the cannon pictures and such over to threads in special sections, make the posts look all nice and stuff, and use that to show off cannons instead of using a bunch of php pages like I am now. This will not only be easier and quicker for me, but it would allow people to submit their stuff and all that would be required for me to "officially" add it would be moving a post.

Right now I am in the process of adding extras to the forums to make it easier to use as I plan. As of THIS moment I am waiting on my website host to fix some mySQL errors before I can proceed editing the forums (go to the gallery to see the problem).
As soon as I get the fixes done to the forums I am going to move cannons and such into special topics I will make here in the forums.

The cannon listings (things like this http://www.spudfiles.com/Main/pneumatic_cannon.php ) will still be in place, their links will just change to a topic in the forum.

Working on the forums would be almost done right now if it wasn't for something happening to the server and me waiting days for someone to fix it :p
Last edited by PCGUY on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
syco kilaa
Private 4
Private 4

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:20 pm

ok thanx for the explination
NEGATIVE
syco kilaa
Private 4
Private 4

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:21 pm

ummm, another question... what are spudbux?
NEGATIVE
BC Pneumatics
Sergeant
Sergeant

Donating Members

Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:01 pm

It is currency that you earn when you post. You will be able to use it to buy cool stuff in the future.
This should have been a new topic in general, there is no need to hijack this post. :)
syco kilaa
Private 4
Private 4

Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:34 pm

sorry I guess that I should have done that in the ifrst place but I thought that it would have been a quick question and then it would be over with and we would have gotten back on topic, ohwell (sorry again) :wink:
NEGATIVE
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:04 am

Muhaha the power of splitting topics on phpBB :)