The Cobra Venom

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.

Is the Cobra Venom anything special?

Totally!
75%
Kinda
8%
Hell no!
18%

Total votes: 40
psycix
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4

Donating Members

Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:05 am

Ah wow! So its finally done?
It sure is a beautiful cannon. I'd pressure test it and take it up to 3x mix (or higher!)
How much did you spend on this project???
I believe he spent 2000 bucks on the fabrication.
Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
KlugeBoy
Private
Private

Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:21 am

This is absolutely one of *the* most pimped out, badass cannons I have ever seen. Custom from one end to the other. I'm frikkin dumbstruck.

Two awards for sure; one for the gun and a special award for sharing all the drawings and details. Very nice.

Hmmm... I *do* know a guy with a machine shop. Maybe I'll have to pay him a visit and price some things. This gun copyrighted?

Absolutely great job.
Carlman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:34 am

Wow man just wow! Loved the video.

Its so clean and tidy!

Dunno what to say im speachless.

One of my favourite combustions for sure.

here is my thread about my accurate golf ball darts i made, works a treat!
Aussie spudders unite!!
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:07 pm

KlugeBoy wrote:This is absolutely one of *the* most pimped out, badass cannons I have ever seen. Custom from one end to the other. I'm frikkin dumbstruck.

Two awards for sure; one for the gun and a special award for sharing all the drawings and details. Very nice.

Hmmm... I *do* know a guy with a machine shop. Maybe I'll have to pay him a visit and price some things. This gun copyrighted?

Absolutely great job.
The design has been modified to greatly improve ease of manufacturing and assembly. Only small tweaks, but you'd never suspect running into these challenges unless you actually build one. So if you make one, I wish you all the luck getting it right :D It sure was worth it.
starman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Donating Members

Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:54 pm

I've been following this thing, I have just now had a chance to see this final showcase entry tonight. This is really an exceptional project and something you can be very proud of.

I like the laser touch, I don't think I've seen it implemented on it before now. You should plan to get some chrony readings in some fashion. I am curious as your golfball velocity in 2x mode.
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:46 am

starman wrote:You should plan to get some chrony readings in some fashion. I am curious as your golfball velocity in 2x mode.
Wish I had a chrony. I've read about people making them homemade somehow. I'll have to look into it. Maybe gun ranges have them that they let people use. Chrony results is an absolute must I agree. Thanks for the comments.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:18 am

Good to see this has finally come together, great job.

If you don't have a chrony (which you can get very cheaply online, anyone serious about spudgun development should own one! I have two :D) you could try making a variation of the box'o'truth, basically layering sheet material and seeing how many layers it will penetrate, this will give you a degree of relative comparison.

I still think it's better to have a chrony though - what's 80 bucks?
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:01 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote: you could try making a variation of the box'o'truth

I still think it's better to have a chrony though - what's 80 bucks?
Thanks. I am actually considering that chrony lol. I had no idea that they were in this price range. I will have to wait though as the Venom has injected its toxins into my bank account. BUT, I might be able to come up with a box-o-truth! Thats a great idea and looks like tons of golf ball/spud/lime shooting fun. :D :D
starman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Donating Members

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:30 am

Moonbogg wrote:
starman wrote:You should plan to get some chrony readings in some fashion. I am curious as your golfball velocity in 2x mode.
Wish I had a chrony. I've read about people making them homemade somehow. I'll have to look into it. Maybe gun ranges have them that they let people use. Chrony results is an absolute must I agree. Thanks for the comments.
Yeah, a homemade chrony is on my list of stuff to build. Jimmy101 has some general directions on his webpage if you don't mind getting into some electronics.
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:13 am

New video edit. its a MUSIC VIDEO NOW!! Tell me what you think. I got rid of the borring, slow stuff. More destructive videos are to come. Steel balls and the like.

[youtube][/youtube]
Biopyro
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:50 am

Wow. The green laser makes it look so good! Just gives it that real professional military touch.
How about doing some night shots with glowing ammo/targets, so that we can see the beam too?
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. -Benjamin Franklin
qwerty
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:08 am

What range do you get with that monster?
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:44 pm

qwerty wrote:What range do you get with that monster?
I'm not sure really. Golf balls go nuts right now due to crappy patches. Oh, but limes are completely insane with how far they go. They seem to go straight up up and away and they are just gone. They can usually withstand the 2X.

After I get around to making golfball sabots and stuff like that I will update with long range shots. The last shot on the video was a potato at around 20 yards or something like that.
biopyro wrote:Wow. The green laser makes it look so good! Just gives it that real professional military touch.
How about doing some night shots with glowing ammo/targets, so that we can see the beam too?
Good idea! I'll check that out soon.
charizzardd
Private
Private

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:20 pm

like the accuracy, clean build, and like the 3D modeling... very nice and well thought out!
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:41 pm

Just thought i'd mention something about the Venom. The owner of Spudgunextreme.com has decided to feature the Venom under his "spud pic's" category. It feels kind of cool to have a cannon displayed on a spudgun business site.