HHO Gun possibility?

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
TurboSuper
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:38 pm

There's a gazillion videos on Youtube that show HHO cells "working". Problem is, better MPG can be attributed to a bunch of factors, including running on a lean fuel mixture (which is bad for ze engine).

If someone can show me a Youtube video of a Diesel generator connected to a lightbulb which can run longer with an HHO cell connected, then I'll be convinced. Heck even this simple road test would prove the claims have some validity:

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/hho_scam2.shtml

That's kind of my problem with this whole HHO thing. There's barely any actual data, just alot of anecdotal evidence and theory. Argh!

Better to just connect the HHO cell to an auto-loading spudgun on the roof of your car :P
"If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you" - Darwin Awards
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:47 am

TurboSuper wrote:There's a gazillion videos on Youtube that show HHO cells "working". Problem is, better MPG can be attributed to a bunch of factors, including running on a lean fuel mixture (which is bad for ze engine).

If someone can show me a Youtube video of a Diesel generator connected to a lightbulb which can run longer with an HHO cell connected, then I'll be convinced. Heck even this simple road test would prove the claims have some validity:

That's kind of my problem with this whole HHO thing. There's barely any actual data, just alot of anecdotal evidence and theory. Argh!

Better to just connect the HHO cell to an auto-loading spudgun on the roof of your car :P
I agree. I have offered to let people test one on a 1500 electric generator I have with a 1200 watt electric heater. Nobody wants to do a double blind 1 gallon runtime test, both tests conducted immediately following a 20 minute warm up. An analog electric clock would be the score keeper. When the generator stops, so does the clock for a mostly automated test. The electrolysis unit would have to be powered by the generator, no outside power sources permitted.
boyntonstu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:21 am

Technician1002 wrote:
TurboSuper wrote:There's a gazillion videos on Youtube that show HHO cells "working". Problem is, better MPG can be attributed to a bunch of factors, including running on a lean fuel mixture (which is bad for ze engine).

I agree. I have offered to let people test one on a 1500 electric generator I have with a 1200 watt electric heater. Nobody wants to do a double blind 1 gallon runtime test, both tests conducted immediately following a 20 minute warm up. An analog electric clock would be the score keeper. When the generator stops, so does the clock for a mostly automated test. The electrolysis unit would have to be powered by the generator, no outside power sources permitted.
These 2 videos seem close to your criteria:

However the "HHO" LPM production used in the sub 200 cc generator scaled up make it impractical in a 2,000 cc engine.

BoyntonStu
TurboSuper
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:50 am

I'm a bit confused. It seems like in the first test he doesn't connect the output of the HHO cell and in the second one he does, but in both tests he's powering the HHO cell nonetheless. What does that prove? That connecting the cell wastes less energy than not connecting it?
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:55 am

TurboSuper wrote:I'm a bit confused. It seems like in the first test he doesn't connect the output of the HHO cell and in the second one he does, but in both tests he's powering the HHO cell nonetheless. What does that prove? That connecting the cell wastes less energy than not connecting it?
I haven't seen the video, but I'll hazard a guess that it creates a win-win situation for this rubbish HHO term. He's wasting the same amount of energy in each "experiment", but in one he gets a tiny fraction back.

Simply, scam.
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
boyntonstu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:33 am

inonickname wrote:
TurboSuper wrote:I'm a bit confused. It seems like in the first test he doesn't connect the output of the HHO cell and in the second one he does, but in both tests he's powering the HHO cell nonetheless. What does that prove? That connecting the cell wastes less energy than not connecting it?
I haven't seen the video, but I'll hazard a guess that it creates a win-win situation for this rubbish HHO term. He's wasting the same amount of energy in each "experiment", but in one he gets a tiny fraction back.

Simply, scam.
Wow!

Imagine what your opinion would be if you actually saw the videos.

I may be wrong, so please don't present me with any facts.

People who have strong opinions don't need any data.

I am a skeptic and if you read my comment to his videos you would see my objections based on math and logic.

BoyntonStu
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:42 am

boyntonstu wrote:
inonickname wrote:

Simply, scam.
Wow!

Imagine what your opinion would be if you actually saw the videos.

I may be wrong, so please don't present me with any facts.

People who have strong opinions don't need any data.

I am a skeptic and if you read my comment to his videos you would see my objections based on math and logic.

BoyntonStu
It just won't work, ever.

By reading what he said, it was obvious what happens.

Lets say he wastes 5% of the energy each trial (not really a realistic number, but for the sake of argument). In the trial "without "HHO"" he's still wasting the energy, which makes a bad name for not using HHO to begin with. Then he connects the cell back up, and gets almost .5% of that 5% of energy back!

Brilliant, that just proved HHO is an awesome fuel in a completely biased and incorrect test. Of course, I may have misinterpreted this statement completely wrong:

"It seems like in the first test he doesn't connect the output of the HHO cell and in the second one he does, but in both tests he's powering the HHO cell nonetheless"

Unless he made that up, or something was misunderstood I stand by my original statement as being correct.
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
TurboSuper
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:06 am

You've got it exactly right ino. He says there's a "20% increase in efficiency", but if the HHO cell is working as described, it should be giving over 100%- enough to power itself and then some. I think the video backfired :P

When someone challenged the poster with this in the comments, he simply said that he'll be positing more videos and that this is only the first. Makes me wonder why he didn't just do it right in the first place. How hard is it to find a space heater and two alligator clips?

Watch the first 30 seconds of both videos, it's very clear. Of course people who aren't paying attention would fall for this hook line and stinker.

The title is also a bit misleading: "Proof HHO is a viable fuel"...so is gasoline?
boyntonstu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:17 am

TurboSuper wrote:You've got it exactly right ino. He says there's a "20% increase in efficiency", but if the HHO cell is working as described, it should be giving over 100%- enough to power itself and then some. I think the video backfired :P

When someone challenged the poster with this in the comments, he simply said that he'll be positing more videos and that this is only the first. Makes me wonder why he didn't just do it right in the first place. How hard is it to find a space heater and two alligator clips?

Watch the first 30 seconds of both videos, it's very clear. Of course people who aren't paying attention would fall for this hook line and stinker.

The title is also a bit misleading: "Proof HHO is a viable fuel"...so is gasoline?
The title is also a bit misleading: "Proof HHO is a viable fuel"...so is gasoline? I agree.

As a 20% increase, perhaps, however it does not scale up to car sized engines.

Here's a video of a Geo on 100% Hydroxy.

(however impractical)

BoyntonStu
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:07 am

He's obviously full of it and it's a scam if I can tell that without even watching the video :shock:

I wish that governments would at least put out hard facts about hydrogen-oxygen fuel cells.

Here's a quick list:

1. Law of thermodynamics > scammers
2. Improve the thermal efficiency of your engine by making valves wear out faster!
3. Give your money to people who make up false testimony!
boyntonstu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:29 am

inonickname wrote:He's obviously full of it and it's a scam if I can tell that without even watching the video :shock:

I wish that governments would at least put out hard facts about hydrogen-oxygen fuel cells.

Here's a quick list:

2. Improve the thermal efficiency of your engine by making valves wear out faster!
Ah! The government to put out facts.

You can always trust the government for the truth.

BoyntonStu
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:32 am

boyntonstu wrote:
inonickname wrote:He's obviously full of it and it's a scam if I can tell that without even watching the video :shock:

Here's a quick list:

Ah! The government to put out facts.

You can always trust the government for the truth.

BoyntonStu
Good point. Everyone believes current affair shows, lets do one of them!
boyntonstu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:50 pm

M13 HHO GUN , fires tennis balls, empty soda cans, and potatoes at +mach 1 ....
used to demonstrate the clean renewable energy locked within water molecules.

this clean burning fuel leaves no emissions , only a cool clean steam lined chamber is left over as the hydrogen is combusted and converted back into water molecules.

FWIW

BoyntonStu
velocity3x
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:43 pm

I designed and built an HHO gen unit last year. I am quite proud of it as it is small and looks like something Lockheed Martin would design. On 13 amps, it produces 3 liters of gas in 60 seconds using water and a few ounces of limon juice concentrate. Only needs 1 minute of warm up. HHO propagation rate is quite high! That stuff has way to much energy for me to feel comfortable holding or being anywhere near a launcher loaded with it!!!
boyntonstu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:19 pm

velocity3x wrote:I designed and built an HHO gen unit last year. I am quite proud of it as it is small and looks like something Lockheed Martin would design. On 13 amps, it produces 3 liters of gas in 60 seconds using water and a few ounces of limon juice concentrate. Only needs 1 minute of warm up. HHO propagation rate is quite high! That stuff has way to much energy for me to feel comfortable holding or being anywhere near a launcher loaded with it!!!
Did you view the video?

BoyntonStu