UPGBH10x

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:53 am

Holy mother! I very VERY much enjoyed those videos of such heavy weight destruction. Impressive to the max. Thank you for your time in putting these videos together. I know it takes some effort. Rock explosion video FTW!
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:50 am

Moonbogg wrote:Holy mother! I very VERY much enjoyed those videos of such heavy weight destruction. Impressive to the max. Thank you for your time in putting these videos together. I know it takes some effort. Rock explosion video FTW!
Thanks Moonbogg! I try to keep my videos simple but reasonably detailed.

I imagaine I can do some more shots tomorrow. It kind of starts being hard to find targets :D

Edit:
I found some targets, not very good ones but I plan on shooting the chair again. Perhaps with different ammo.

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:50 pm

NICE. I love the wadding spraying out afterward.

Did the motor work? If so, what a shame.
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:23 pm

ramses wrote:NICE. I love the wadding spraying out afterward.

Did the motor work? If so, what a shame.
Thanks!

The motor had no internals and I have been trying to crack it's casing with a hammer for a very long time to melt the aluminum.
Should have thought of using the cannon :D
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Thats some insane power right there. Its kind of morbid, but I am forced to immagine what it might be like to get hit square in the belly by that thing (is that against the rules to say?)
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:22 pm

SpudBlaster15 wrote:
Moonbogg wrote:Its kind of morbid, but I am forced to immagine what it might be like to get hit square in the belly by that thing
Looks like SpudFarm needs to acquire a rather large quantity of ballistics gel. :D
Moonbogg: I would not like to get hit in the belly with this :P Would drain your lunch in an instant.

Spudblaster: A few tons of ballistics gel would certainly make up for a shocking shot. I can imagine a 600g slug tumbling through meters of gelatine, creating huge cavities.

Hmm, interesting! Anything that can be made practically and simple to give an idea of what it could do to flesh?
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 pm

One could simply assume it is simply Death-On-A-Stick, but that's no fun.

Box-O-Truth?

Water usually gives a decent approximation. A bullet will go through about half as much flesh as water. So you need an underwater video camera, and the nearest LAKE.

DO NOT have anyone's head (or body, really) in the water when you fire. Keep in mind that you may kill fish with the shock-wave.

Does anyone know numbers of stress/strain for flesh? If so, I could try it in ALGOR. It might not work so well though. When I simulated a dart piercing steel, it crashed before the dart de-accelerated at all. The tip made it to the other side with full velocity (obviously inaccurate)
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
spudtyrrant
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:28 pm

ramses wrote: I could try it in ALGOR.
or you could try it on al gore lol
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:52 pm

I meant ALGOR, although using Al Gore would be much more accurate, and more beneficial to society.

I just realized that I think flesh could be categorized as a non-newtonian fluid, so ALGOR might not work out.

[/OT]
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:24 am

spudtyrrant wrote:
ramses wrote: I could try it in ALGOR.
or you could try it on al gore lol
INFINITE LOLZ!
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:24 am

More videos!

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

I will probably do one more shot today if I can figure out what to shoot.

Edit:
DYI have put a thought into my head. I wan't to take it to 20x this summer.
I don't really know if it is safe at those mixes but it was pressure tested to 180bar..

The performance I would get from it would be astounding! With 1.5kg slugs at 299m/s I will reach for 67.000joules of muzzle energy :shock:

The worry is that it fails and blasts a nice hole through my roof. So extensive testing with a test chamber will be done first.

67.000Joules is almost 50.000foot pounds!

"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
mobile chernobyl
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
United States of America

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:56 pm

dude I love these videos! Don't stop until your gun ceases lol. :D

Your gun and the projectiles your firing inspired me to incorporate recoil absorption into my gun. And like you, I plan on taking it above 10X, though only to 12-15X lol.
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:57 am

I got kind of tired of waiting for the new union (Sorry MC:D) so I reasembled the cannon with the old one and took a shot at 25l of water in a fuel can.
The velocity was lower then expected but I think it is because the burst disk slips out of the union on one side and resticts flow.

I am also thinking about getting a new manometer for the fuel meter since this one is getting quite worn out now.

[youtube][/youtube]
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.