Fuel meter and Pill bottle mini

Miniature guns are novelty custom, unique, and sometime downright crude! Common construction materials often include pill bottles or pens. Show us your work!
frozenveinz
Private
Private

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:25 am

So, out of random boredom, I took a half hour out of my day to build this fuel meter and Mini pill bottle cannon from extra parts.

The cannon uses a barrel from an old bb gun, and bbs lodge in the back of the barrel when you let it drop in from front. Has piezo ignition from lighter and a screw for spark gap.

The meter uses a propane torch, two syringes, and a short section of rubber tubing.

:D
Last edited by jrrdw on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed broken links.
Zeus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:32 am

Good to see someone who's just come along, read a bit, then implemented the concepts we attempt to hammer into newbie's heads.

Good job.

Also, roughly what dimensions are the rubber tube and catheter tip syringe?
/sarcasm, /hyperbole
frozenveinz
Private
Private

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 am

The syringe connected to the torch is maybe 1cm wide, and has 5ml capacity. The rubber hose has a hole about 2mm wide and the walls are the same. I got it from an old broken bike pump. The second syringe however, can be any size, I just use a 3ml or 5ml one in this case because of the convenient small size to use with a mini.

I have also removed the torch head from the torch, and connected the syringe directly to the spot that it screwed in.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:17 am

Zeus wrote:Good to see someone who's just come along, read a bit, then implemented the concepts we attempt to hammer into newbie's heads.
+1

Let's see it in action :)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
AdaLena147
Recruit
Recruit

Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:00 am

Or would this be weaker than just blowing?
***LeNa***
greenbergmethew
Recruit
Recruit

Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:22 am

Blowing is directional, the momentum of the blown air tends to continue to travel in the same direction although it still disperses. Sucking isn't directional, reducing pressure will draw air inwards from all directions not blocked by some object(s), so the velocity versus distance from the input port is less.