Theopia Information

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Just a heads up everyone,

As many of you know, I've also ran SpudFiles sister site, Theopia. It's a forum for just general chat.

Unfortunately there was never too much interest in Theopia, and it has become overrun by SPAM.

For now, I have shutdown Theopia due to lack of interest. It was a great test project area, which is how it started, but I need to focus on SpudFiles and only SpudFiles with my limited time.

Don't worry, SpudFiles isn't going anywhere and I haven't forgotten about you :D :D :D
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:25 am

I never joined Theopia, to be honest most of my off-topic needs are satisfied by the off-topic thread :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:56 am

It's been a while since I been there myself. I hope ather, zarno and the rest don't think we abandon them...
paaiyan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:48 pm

I kept poking my head in there and trying to bring things up occasionally. I think it just never had a user base of more than 10-15 active people at a time, and most of those people had other forums with bigger user bases that were easier to get responses on.

PCGuy, I had actually logged on today with the intention of sending you a PM suggesting you might retire the site honorably rather than let it be a training ground for spammers. Guess you were one step ahead of me.

*present arms*

*fire*
"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
Fnord
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Theopia was a good testbed, though I rarely checked it anymore due to lack of goof-off time. A forum about general chatting is kinda hard to start up, since there are so many big ones out there already. Spudfiles however is rather unique, and has had success in the same way that 4HV, Pulse-jets, RS and others have.

I was kinda wondering about the phpbb3 thing the other day though. I'm not going to ask for any dates, but how is the general conversion working out?
I know the default theme is no longer going to be daj glass, but are you going to run any of the future ones by us, or just go for it and hope everyone approves?
The "Spudfiles Direction" thread could probably use a kick-up if you want to give us a lists of features and modifications you're looking at. Normally it's good to have community discussion on this sort of stuff.

Also do you have a banner? I know a few of us could help out there, especially if you were thinking of something CAD-ish like the current one.
And I demand that the blue smiley potato icon be kept, lest I shall add much additional content to the wiki in the form of blatant innuendos involving piston,s breach loading mechanisms and three way valves
Last edited by Fnord on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clemsonguy1125
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:09 pm

I was a member, but didn't log on do often due to the lack of new threads. Any chance of opening up the off topic section a bit more so we have more than one thread. No to turn it into a forum for like a 100 random topics about Call of Duty, but maybe like a single topic for a single hobby. Just to organize things a bit more.
That is all.
markspend1
Private
Private

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:10 am

Hey Guys my name is Mark.I think that this is a wise decision and a excellent analyze website and also a great community for gain much information and shares a lot of stuff. I think there is no more attention other than spamming on theopia. Thanks!!

NY Web Design