challenge to everyone

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
ilovefire
Corporal
Corporal

Tue May 15, 2012 7:12 am

hey everyone, dont really do much in the hobby anymore but i still think of ways to much air guns and stuff, had this idea and would love to see it made, but i dont have the time to do it myself

not a very detailed drawing but you should get the idea

what do you think?
Attachments
zfbsfgsfgnfgnfgbfg.jpg
why make it if it dosent shoot?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue May 15, 2012 7:24 am

Interesting... pull the trigger, bolt goes forward while main chamber is blocked, bolt seals breech and empties firing chamber, then system resets.

Not really an advantage in simplicity or performance over QEV-slide valve-blow forward bolt though is it?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Hubb
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Tue May 15, 2012 7:33 am

This seems similar to the GB semi.
ilovefire
Corporal
Corporal

Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 am

i didnt really think of that, although i think when i came up with this i was more aiming for something that didnt waist any air, aslo i was thinking it may have a quicker valve opening time, but now i think about it it may not be by much if any
Hubb wrote:This seems similar to the GB semi.
although with the added benefit of a sealing bolt
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Wed May 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Very cool idea. I like how the piston is balanced until a point when the chamber pressure can force it open quickly, like a QDV. But, it does seem very difficult to actually build.
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed May 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Gun Freak wrote:But, it does seem very difficult to actually build, especially since I've frittered away the money I had put aside for a lathe and mill on Justin Bieber concert tickets.
Well, we all have to make choices in life :)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
ilovefire
Corporal
Corporal

Thu May 17, 2012 3:55 am

if my boss decides to pay me more and i can save up enough spare money to buy a lathe, and find the time, i will definitely give it a go....... so probably never...

anyways it was just an idea
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Thu May 17, 2012 7:53 am

You don't need the o-rings in front of the bb, you bolt will push the bb through it, if you want it to act as a detente, you will need another one to seal the bolt/barrel section if not air will leak from there(it will any way without a o-ring there, but with a detente you lose more).
As there is that cavity to lock the bbs, you don't need that o-ring, if you want to burst the power by using it as a airtight detente, make sure it's further than your bolt can push also a o-ring to seal the bolt/barrel.
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
ilovefire
Corporal
Corporal

Thu May 17, 2012 4:51 pm

wyz2285 wrote:You don't need the o-rings in front of the bb, you bolt will push the bb through it, if you want it to act as a detente, you will need another one to seal the bolt/barrel section if not air will leak from there(it will any way without a o-ring there, but with a detente you lose more).
As there is that cavity to lock the bbs, you don't need that o-ring, if you want to burst the power by using it as a airtight detente, make sure it's further than your bolt can push also a o-ring to seal the bolt/barrel.
if this was to be made, the bolt would travel past the bb feed and seal on the O-ring before the port in the back of the piston is open, so that there would be no air loss and wouldn't need to have a sealed mag
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Thu May 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Them I would suggest a detente to compensate the slow open valve.
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
ilovefire
Corporal
Corporal

Fri May 18, 2012 2:59 am

wyz2285 wrote:Them I would suggest a detente to compensate the slow open valve.
slow open valve? actually the valve should be a lot faster then most piston air guns, the only problem would be the dead space, but if made well i dont think it would be much of a problem