"Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:35 am

[youtube][/youtube]

F*ck.

(love the last bit where the blast wave hits)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
MrCrowley

Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:54 am

Damn, that video is a lot cooler than the other one that was zoomed in. You'd be screwed if it headed in your direction, not much you could do to get out of the way.

In other news:
Four impacted wisdom teeth came out today, it went okay. On the other hand, I got to ask if they had the machine that goes ping... they did.

General anaesthesia was interesting, all the doctors and nurses kept saying how lucky I was that I got general because my teeth were a bit difficult to remove. Apparently you don't often get general anaesthesia if you have the operation for free under the public health system so I'm grateful for my parent's insurance!

Also, have enrolled to do a 3 week bio-anthropology field school on one of the Spanish islands in October. Assuming my wisdom teeth don't come between me and the job I start in one weeks time, I'll be travelling around Europe for a bit too. So many awesome museums and things, can't wait.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:42 am

Did you get to keep the teeth?

Dental buckshot, just saying :D it's be like an opportunity tp spread your ashes, but before you die!

:D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
MrCrowley

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:58 am

Haha yeah I did keep my teeth but I'm taking them to the lab at uni to get them thin sectioned :D
Not sure how much or what kind of information I'll be able to gather from thin-sectioning, a lot of the cool techniques require electron microscopes or measuring isotopic ratios.

Though, they had to break up my lower molars in to several pieces so those would make good buckshot. Let's just say your suggestion is a bit weird, but not out of the question :lol:
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:39 am

MrCrowley wrote:Let's just say your suggestion is a bit weird, but not out of the question :lol:
Let's face it, considering the sheer quantity of other suggestions I could have made, it is by no means the weirdest ;)
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:33 am

Anesthesia is the weirdest thing ever, and the effects are nothing like sleep as most people tell you. Having gone under the knife a grand total of three times in the last year, it's like somebody snipped a section of tape out that includes your surgery and a large amount of time before and after. :P
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:57 am

mark.f wrote:it's like somebody snipped a section of tape out that includes your surgery and a large amount of time before and after. :P
Had this happen with an ex once, lets you recycle jokes and insert better versions of memories that show you in better light :D
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:23 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
that's reminds me of kerbal space program

oh and did they say something along the lines of
Obviously a major malfunction
:?
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
paaiyan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:52 am

Yeah, definitely looks like every rocket I've launched in Kerbal so far.
"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
jakethebeast
Corporal 5
Corporal 5
Finland

Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Just got a message from Solidoodle.. My printer is shipped! :D
Est Sularus Oth Mithas
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:20 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:oh and did they say something along the lines of
Obviously a major malfunction
:?

I've been around enough Russians to know that was definitely some *very* coarse language from the person filming or those around him towards the end of the clip.
Just got a message from Solidoodle.. My printer is shipped!
No wonder we didn't get any orders from you :D good luck with it!
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:05 am

I've been around enough Russians to know that was definitely some *very* coarse language from the person filming or those around him towards the end of the clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5FQFnb ... age#t=128s

:D
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:35 am

[img]https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/3774441690/14f8ceef451184931a941715965fa05e_normal.jpeg[/img] wrote:we have a report from the flight officer that the vehicle has exploded
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:01 pm

In other news... AP scores were released today, got a 5 on both Calc AB and Physics B 8)
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
jsefcik
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:32 am

Gun Freak wrote:In other news... AP scores were released today, got a 5 on both Calc AB and Physics B 8)

Glad I never took those in school,,,, but on the side note dads muffler rotted off on his truck yesterday so ill told him ill fix it but didnt tell him with a glasspack ! Cant wait to see his face expression when he starts up his truck:)