HAC- II- R

Miniature guns are novelty custom, unique, and sometime downright crude! Common construction materials often include pill bottles or pens. Show us your work!
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:16 pm

I have this system working perfectly, finally. :) I open a new posting to avoid adding confusion and better clarity.
The weapon of the photo, is only for tests. I'm going to change the woods to house the components inside. The system, cannon, ammunition loading system, are the ones I'm going to use.
It is the Autonomous Hybrid Cartuchos 2 Repetición. Work at 6X and shoot 5.5mm lead spherical ammunition.
It is a small hybrid weapon to repetition. Just move the bolt forward, and eject the cartridge, then move back, and load the new cartridge housed in the magazine.It is the same as in this video:
When turning the crank to lock the bolt, the automatic charging system of air - butane gas is activated by an electric contact, and is ready to fire.
It will be model 2019 because these days it is impossible to concentrate on this.
I have tried it a lot, (and shot about 350 cartridges), and it works correctly, although for now I have it distributed on the work table.
I'll make the corresponding video, (I have to do several that I owe).
The air reservoir has 150 psi and fires 15 times. It is an adapted carafe, which is the only thing I have in the present. At the moment it will be left out of the prototype weapon, because it is large ... I need a small air tank, about 800 ml, to incorporate the weapon, it must have about 25 bar for a more or less decent autonomy.
I have thought about using a "Drago" tube for CO2, which is small but heavy, and not of high price, maybe it is an inexpensive solution, I do not know, I have to try it :roll:
Attachments
P1010095.JPG
P1010097.JPG
P1010094.JPG
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:02 am

Not only have you made it work, but you've made it work in a rifle sized envelope, and you've done so using limited tooling and materials compensated with great ingenuity. Truly one of the best projects on this forum, kudos!
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:21 am

Seeing now that I know how to do it, it's quite simple, but before it was complicated. What do you think of using an adapted fire extinguisher, as a main and portable air reservoir? I refer to this image.
On the other hand, the solenoid valve reaches 8 bar maximum, I can not compress the mixture anymore, and the pressure regulator is 10 bar maximum ... it is the same problem.
Do you have any indication which components with the most pressure I can consider to use?
Attachments
p-1179-garrafa_drago3-600x600.jpg
p-1179-garrafa_drago3-600x600.jpg (27.9 KiB) Viewed 10257 times
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:37 am

Do you have access to paintball bottles? I'd be happy to send you one, if it was feasible :roll:
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:12 am

It would be great ... those bottles are super, light, reliable and I think they can comfortably withstand much more pressure. Thanks Jack, then I send you a private message. I'm trying to find a collaborator to shoot a little working video. It must be "a collaborator" and NOT "a collaborator" because the lady is going to be crazy if she sees me shooting with another lady :shock:
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:18 am

hectmarr wrote:It would be great ... those bottles are super, light, reliable and I think they can comfortably withstand much more pressure.
They also have an integrated regulator, this is the biggest benefit for your project.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:28 am

I commented that the biggest problem I have had is the impression of the pressure regulator that I am using ... It varies the regulation between 4.6 bar and 5.4 bar, randomly, being adjusted just 5 bar. It is ordinary for those who use to paint gun. I was thinking about getting another more precise pressure regulator. For this reason, what you offer is very useful for me, because it solves this problem, apart from being integrated into the air bottle. :bounce:
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:18 pm

I leave here the video of operation of this weapon. :D
It is a basic test of the system.
I have to finish the project, putting everything together in a unit as compact as possible, a simple thing to do. The pushbutton that is on the table, will be activated by the bolt, when it is locked. It has a time of 1.8 seconds to charge the mixture to 5X in the combustion chamber, it is enough and it can be lowered to 1 second. We will see. :roll:
[youtube][/youtube]
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:39 am

Absolutely fantastic to see it in action, and again in the context of your limited resources it is an incredible achievement, I hope you are proud :D
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:49 am

Thanks Jack! If I feel satisfied but I think it will soon be obsolete ... :idea:
I have thought about including the dose of butane gas in the same cartridge that houses the ammunition and the rupture disc, as I was saying to you. It would simplify everything, because you just have to add the air to the necessary pressure and that's it. It's all more agile. I do not think I can build a complete cartridge that includes pressurized air at the same time, as you designed it, because it is complicated for me, but including the metered fuel is a big improvement and as it is at atmospheric pressure inside the cartridge, there are no leaks. I'll upload the diagrams, because I already have a rough idea of how to load the cartridge. :)
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:55 am

hectmarr wrote:I do not think I can build a complete cartridge that includes pressurized air at the same time, as you designed it, because it is complicated for me
Honestly, it's not that complicated... looking through my epic saga there were several development threads that could lead to success.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:00 pm

I will carefully study your work, to see the possibilities that I have of building something so evolved in terms of design.
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:15 pm

If the combustion chamber is on board and metering unit is remote what does the cartridge do :? besides holding the projectile obviously
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:10 pm

wyz2285 wrote:If the combustion chamber is on board and metering unit is remote what does the cartridge do :? besides holding the projectile obviously
The cartridge has the ammunition and the small rupture disk made with some layers of aluminum foil. I plan to include the mix measurement system inside the gun, and then the compressed air reservoir as well. The video is a test of the system only. The weapon will have another form to include all the elements.
Attachments
Cartucho, disco ruptura, oring, munición.png
Dico ruptura cartucho.jpeg
Dico ruptura cartucho.jpeg (17.75 KiB) Viewed 9997 times
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:16 am

looking through my epic saga there were several development threads that could lead to success.
Interesting proposal. In my opinion, it would be more comfortable to handle an ignition off the cartridge, and not be so limited in terms of the volume of the combustion chamber.
To try it, it is necessary to use absolutely no machined parts. What I plan to do is a slightly longer cartridge to house the 8 ml of gas, a piece of 5/8 "tubing and the rest is the same as what I have already manufactured and tested. Mylar tape, on the back of the cartridge, so that the gas does not spill When it enters the gun and moves the bolt, it breaks and the gas enters the combustion chamber, and is mixed by the speed of the air that generates a turbulence.
I add a diagram of the simple method to fill the cartridge with gas.
First, the small flexible hose is introduced and the gas is injected, in excess.
Second, the small hose is removed, and the plunger is pressed to seal the cartridge. The seal can be, plastic tape.
Finally the device is extracted (gray color).
Attachments
Cartucho.png
Carga gas cartucho.png
Carga gas cartucho.png (18.14 KiB) Viewed 9846 times