Caselman air machinegun

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:01 pm

There's room for a bit more tweaking but I'm going to shelve it for now and move on to something else
:? Something tells me that's the end of this. But at least it worked! This is the first full auto hammer valve around here right?
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:13 pm

wyz2285 wrote:Something tells me that's the end of this.
Perish the thought! It's just that now that I know what works I'm more inclined to redo the design and start over instead of having a prototype with botched-together parts.

I don't think it's the first one either, what about BtB's Pnushnikov?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Damn you're right! Wow the fact he did it just with weld and basic tools... what a legend
I miss him (no homo)
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:26 am

wyz2285 wrote:Damn you're right! Wow the fact he did it just with weld and basic tools... what a legend
I miss him (no homo)
Indeed, he definitely comes to mind every time I'm cutting down a barrel! Respect.

For the record, here's all the bits that went into the research and development for this one:

edit: Speaking of the subject of this thread, looks like the man himself was still at it in 2011:

[youtube][/youtube]
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:02 am

Incredible work, and better using simple tools. This man has the status of a MASTER. :)
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:37 am

hectmarr wrote:Incredible work, and better using simple tools.
Reminds me of someone I know ;)

Talking of Caselman it seems he's also dabbled in other pneumatic devices, here he is shooting skeet with an air shotgun:

[youtube][/youtube]

Here's an idea for a "probeless" design where instead of a reciprocating bolt, the magazine tube is blocked off by the ammunition itself, and a sprung pawl acts as a non-return mechanism and prevents the next round from being shot back into the magazine:

Naturally it only works for hard spherical ammunition, which sounds good for 3/8" ball bearings...
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:23 pm

Aww you guys...you make me blush :) I miss me too...sweet work JSR!! I'd like to encourage you to consider flipping the design to chamber over barrel to allow the ammo feed from the bottom..stickmagzz!!.. I see you're trying to get ROF down. Increasing the amount of travel on the bolt and hammer would do the trick i.m.o... Longer distance, longer cycle time.. :drunken:
Damn I miss having a laptop. Anyway, keep up the good work! And cut down that barrel. It's at least half an inch too long ;)
Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:35 am

Aaaah we have summoned him! Thanks Brian :D

I'm considering a stick mag for a future similar project but in semi-auto, though I have to say this thing was shooting at around 40 rounds per second and still feeding well by gravity, I think a paintball style hopper would be ideal for a decent capacity:

[youtube][/youtube]
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:06 pm

Mine suffered from a lot of misfeeds and jams in the end. I wish I had gone for a slightly bigger caliber..AAA batteries would gave been sweet. Should work better than spherical ammo..no double feeds :D Huge impact too
Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:26 am

Brian the brain wrote:I wish I had gone for a slightly bigger caliber..AAA batteries would gave been sweet.
This hobby will benefit once the kids are grown up and you can retire into your shed and start churning out prototypes again :D
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:01 pm

My kids are not the issue..the oldest is learning to be a metal worker and a machinist on both the industrial mill and lathe..The truth is I'm recovering from burn-out or breakdown if you will, as a result of an emotionally and psychologically abusive childhood. Basically I'm exhausted..have been for years. But as I said..I'm recovering :wink: I'll be back..
Gun Freak wrote:

jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:31 pm

Brian the brain wrote:My kids are not the issue..the oldest is learning to be a metal worker and a machinist on both the industrial mill and lathe..
That's gratifying to hear, every Brain needs a Pinky :D
But as I said..I'm recovering :wink: I'll be back..
I sincerely hope you're getting all the help you need to help yourself and that knowing that your name still echoes in these hallowed pages as teenagers of all ages are in awe of your body of work is of some comfort :)
Nick
Recruit
Recruit
Russia

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:08 am

I sincerely hope you're getting all the help you need to help yourself and that knowing that your name still echoes in these hallowed pages as teenagers of all ages are in awe of your body of work is of some comfort :)
Hi after two years. Is there anyone here?
So what is the final device circuit?
I don't really understand how you were able to make it automatic (the transition from single-shot to automatic was not shown)
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:11 am

It's actually full auto only, the trigger sear is directly linked to the trigger and does not reset until the trigger is released.
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:23 pm

I missed this before. This gun is awesome. Legit full auto rather than a constant airflow with a tube stuck in the middle of a container full of BBs.