QEV blowback mod?

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
Dem0li-from-YTB
Private
Private
United States of America

Mon May 11, 2020 10:43 pm

Hey guy's me again Ive tried a few design's and idea's for my homemade blowback uzi but they didn't work so well. So I decided to use a qev this one to be exact https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/shop ... I&usqp=CAE anyways my question is, does anyone know if there's a mod that would make the qev have a blowback action maybe at the end of it?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu May 14, 2020 4:31 am

What exactly do you mean by "blowback action"? Do you want the QEV to also operate a self-loading mechanism?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Dem0li-from-YTB
Private
Private
United States of America

Thu May 14, 2020 12:53 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:31 am
What exactly do you mean by "blowback action"? Do you want the QEV to also operate a self-loading mechanism?
What I mean is I want it to kinda operate like Wen's for example as you see at the end of his Qev he has a tube with a plunger and spring and if you watch closely it goes back and forth as he pulls the blowgun trigger and air still comes out of the Qev's front end.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat May 16, 2020 4:06 am

That is the pop-off valve that actuates the QEV.

I had done something similar with a commercial pop-off valve:

The movement of the pop-off pistol is brief and abrupt, I do not think you could get it to operate a blowback mechanism.

It would make more sense to harness the exhaust air from the pop-off pilot to do reloading work.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
keks2033
Private 4
Private 4
Russia

Sat May 16, 2020 1:42 pm

Airgunloverboy265 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:43 pm
Hey guy's me again Ive tried a few design's and idea's for my homemade blowback uzi but they didn't work so well. So I decided to use a qev this one to be exact https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/shop ... I&usqp=CAE anyways my question is, does anyone know if there's a mod that would make the qev have a blowback action maybe at the end of it?
it is much better to make the drummer cock up with air that leaves the pilot valve.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue May 19, 2020 7:03 am

keks2033 wrote:
it is much better to make the drummer cock up with air that leaves the pilot valve.
That works too and is especially useful if one were making a big-bore repeater where too much air would be wasted cocking a direct hammer valve.

I have animated it to explain the concept:

Dem0li-from-YTB
Private
Private
United States of America

Tue May 19, 2020 5:29 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:03 am
keks2033 wrote:
That works too and is especially useful if one were making a big-bore repeater where too much air would be wasted cocking a direct hammer valve.

I have animated it to explain the concept:

Hmmmmmmmm I think i'll give this design a try, I might be able to use a bullpup design to make room for the magazine. Also would it still operate as the diagram if I were to scale it down a little to fit inside the back of the micro uzi design?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat May 30, 2020 4:20 am

On a small scale it's not worth having a piloted exhaust valve, the hammer can open your main valve directly: