Electrically driven hammer valve repeater

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:56 am

An old prototype I found digging through some archives.

A motor driven rotor pushes on a stiff steel rod that then whacks a hammer valve. In the test airsoft BBs were being gravity fed into a tee breech.

The valve is opened 6 times per revolution.

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:10 pm

Nice electromechanical prototype. I did something similar, is what I showed, (thinking of feeding the automatic hybrid), with an advantage and a disadvantage.
The advantage is that it is simpler, and the disadvantage is that I cannot exceed 9 or 10 bar, which is the maximum that the solenoid valve supports. Actually if it supports a few more bars, but it drastically shortens the useful life. Nice job to make an airsoft replica! :)
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:14 pm

hectmarr wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:10 pm
Nice electromechanical prototype. I did something similar, is what I showed, (thinking of feeding the automatic hybrid), with an advantage and a disadvantage.
The advantage is that it is simpler, and the disadvantage is that I cannot exceed 9 or 10 bar, which is the maximum that the solenoid valve supports.
This test was at about 55 bar, unfortunately unlike the solenoid though it is more difficult to meter precise amounts.
Nice job to make an airsoft replica! :)
Thanks! This was part of the development of a gatling gun, that I still hope will be manufactured one day.

We had abandoned this type of hammer because it took too much torque from the main motor to give the steel rod enough energy to open the valve sufficiently.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:36 pm

Habíamos abandonado este tipo de martillo porque requería demasiado torque del motor principal para darle a la varilla de acero suficiente energía para abrir la válvula lo suficiente.
Maybe with a high-torque model aircraft srvo, you can use the gear ratio that is built in. The servos on my jet plane generate 40 kg with 6 volts, and if you need speed, you can use the 4-point carbon arms. I do not know if it will have the acceleration to hit the hammer, but if you use it to compress an appropriate escapement spring, the servo will fully compress the spring by its force, and this when released, will hit the valve stem, it is my seem, you have to try. 8-)