Small semi automatic hybrid project

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
hectmarr
Corporal 5
Corporal 5
Argentina

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:44 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:05 am
hectmarr wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:44 am
This is the trigger frequency I am looking for.
Holy... eres un fenomeno Hector! I really like the electro-mechanical control :D Very promising!
Too bad not being able to use a tank with the mixture formed, because in this way it would be firing automatically in two days, but it is not an option due to the serious danger it involves.
Honestly, I do not think this is as dangerous as it sounds, as long as you have a system of check valves that would prevent any back flow. I do however understand that psychologically one would want to avoid it.

You definitely will need cooling for the combustion chamber, that thing is going to heat up quickly. Maybe some aluminum extrusions intended as heat sinks for electronic components...

As to feeding the ammunition, you already have plenty of experience in this department.

There is energy to spare to make a direct blowback mechanism, or if you're feeling fancy now that there is electronic control, use a solenoid or stepper motor to control it...
hectmarr wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:59 pm
I can't find his posts here on this forum to try to learn something that will serve me well for my project.
here it is: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=26309
Definitely, heat is already a problem in the semi-automatic version, especially in summer, with 38 or 40ºC ...
If the device fires more quickly, it will be a bigger problem, which makes it impossible to use epoxy resin, because as you know, it softens with heat. Very good grip on the aluminum heatsink, I hope that's enough, but only practice will tell.
Thanks for the link to Yasu's posts, :) couldn't find them.
Regarding the bbs charging system powered by the combustion gases themselves, I have built and tested the system. The good thing is that everything is simplified because there is no pneumatic actuator, but regulation is difficult for me. I must say that this system works very well, and I do not rule it out if the moment comes, I can explode at this hectic pace, a hybrid.
The current semi-automatic system is controlled by the same solenoid valve, which lets only a little compressed air pass to the pneumatic cylinder that operates the bolt. The advantage is that it has a lot of strength and speed and the disadvantage that it consumes a little more air ...
I am the author of the first semi-automatic hybrid, check this out :shock: ...viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26676
And of the hybrid that can shoot in the shortest time: :shock: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=27190
90zimara
Private
Private
Columbia

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:58 am

hectmarr wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:33 am
Oye, amigo. Resulta que no sé cómo enviar mensajes directos en este foro. Hace tres años había estado pidiendo ayuda para crear un cañón híbrido pero desafortunadamente tuve que pausarlo. ¿Usted me podría ayudar? Veo que habla español y que podría utilizar eso, lo siento si te importa mi comentario y muchas gracias de antemano.
Hi. Yes, we can help you together here. You have to make a publication with your project.
Regarding the language, use the google translator or any other, it is just copy and paste.
To publish your project, if you want to release a hybrid cannon, you have to go here: viewforum.php?f=28
Then go top left to "new topic" and that's it. :)
I await your publication. Greetings and welcome to the forum!
aJust did, thanks :3
hectmarr
Corporal 5
Corporal 5
Argentina

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:09 am

Honestly, I do not think this is as dangerous as it sounds, as long as you have a system of check valves that would prevent any back flow. I do however understand that psychologically one would want to avoid it.
It is necessary to consider using apart from the check valve system, a flame arrester, of the kind used by acetylene welding equipment.
A possible solution, to simplify everything to the extreme, is to change the butane-air, by HHO, generated by an electrolytic cell. This idea is taking hold in my head because the tank only contains water, and the mixture of wide stoichiometric possibilities makes a dispenser and the related system unnecessary.
When the mixture is formed in the hydrogen cell, it goes directly to the explosion chamber, at a certain pressure. I have not studied the subject in detail, because I do not know if it is possible to compress this HHO mixture without it spontaneously exploding ... Maybe with a pair of one-way valves and a flame extinguishing filter, it can be done. I'm trying to study this topic, and separating the garbage from the serious content, because when it comes to my face, I must be something serious at least. :?
I am the author of the first semi-automatic hybrid, check this out :shock: ...viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26676
And of the hybrid that can shoot in the shortest time: :shock: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=27190